What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the props, fellas! Still have a ways to go but it's getting there. I've found lots of little body tweaks I need to do before I take it back to the body shop for final touch-ups and buff.

Steve she's looking good! Pardon the ignorance....but she looks really dark blue to me.?
It is dark blue, Dana. Kona Blue Metallic, a 2010-2012 Mustang color.

Last edited by a moderator:
SWAPED THE POWER STEERING FROM THE 73 PARTS CAR GOT EVERYTHING WORKING ON 72 THEN THE PRESSURE HOSE STARTED LEAKING. HAD TO ORDER NEW HOSE AT ADVANCE AUTO. I CANT WAIT TO DRIVE IT TO FEEL THE DIFERENCE. WAS A BEAR TO TURN WITHOUT THE POWER. NEXT ON TO THE DISC BRAKES.

Finally got some time to work on the dashboard harness. Repaired the dash light sockets, repaired a relay that I later determined goes to the rear seat latch (Yeah... like I'll ever need or use THAT), and 'blasted & painted the relay panel. Time to load up the harness onto the dashboard and put it back into the car so I can finish wiring in the HVAC system.

Once that's done, I'll need to decide how to wire up the neutral safety switch and reverse light switch. I have the AOD harness and it runs through the tranny, whereas the original harness runs through the shifter. Either way, I'll need to adapt "something" to make this work before I can start the beast.

My son and I mounted the bumper on my 71 Mustang. I wrecked the car in 1995 and have slowly been putting it back together.

Last week, mounted headlights and the hood latch.

Also, question for anyone listening. I am planning on shipping Sheila, my stang, from north idaho to Everett, wa in April. I am stressing how they will get it on the truck, how they get it off, whether they have to take it on and off at other stops. Has anyone shipped a car like this before and can you calm my nerves about how these things work? Obviously they have insurance for a reason, but what sorts of things will their insurance cover?
I've used a guy in American Falls that has an enclosed 28' car hauler. Great guy and good service. Hauled a car across the country for me. His name is Stan Bearup. 208 220.1732. Tell him Don in Mobile, AL with the Mach 1s sent you.
Cool, I will check him out. That is an Idaho area code as well. Who knows maybe he is local.

Re disconnect again the bellhousing from the gear box, connect the bell housing to the engine, then put back the toploader. Was more easy to do this way, when working alone, in horizontal position under the car. I used a jack floor :)

Installed my new KYB shocks. Funny thing is that the new Gas-a-justs are no longer white as they have been for ages but a silverish gray. Is this the end of an era?

:huh:

KYB.JPG

Mark's chop shop techniques inspired me so today I dismantled and cut in half my 73 Q code parts car. It was a sad day for the car but my wife is happy that one of the parts cars is headed to the recyclers. I still have to cut out the staggered shock mount and a few other things but I'm mostly done. Woohoo.

Not really what I have done today, but what I've done so far this winter

Completely gutted my interior, added white face gauges and LED's Complete detail of engine compartment, now waiting for the subzero temps to leave so I can start putting the new interior in:)

20121121_153153.jpg

20121221_173343.jpg

20130116_115207.jpg

Got them from whitegauges.net $25 shipped to your door

When I got my car it smelled like a wet dog inside, which us why, before I installed the new carpet, I tore out all the damp isolation mats that were in the car at the time. For years it was only bare metal with the carpet over it and it worked fine.

But after the swap from 2" to 2 1/4 inch exhaust tubes it started getting pretty loud insure which is why I put some sound deadening mats in the back seat area over the mufflers.

In the spring I will know if it did any good.

First pic is getting started, second is all done. The mats go until just behind the seat rails.

image.jpg

image.jpg

When I got my car it smelled like a wet dog inside, which us why, before I installed the new carpet, I tore out all the damp isolation mats that were in the car at the time. For years it was only bare metal with the carpet over it and it worked fine.

But after the swap from 2" to 2 1/4 inch exhaust tubes it started getting pretty loud insure which is why I put some sound deadening mats in the back seat area over the mufflers.

In the spring I will know if it did any good.

First pic is getting started, second is all done. The mats go until just behind the seat rails.
Where did you get the mats, i cant decide what to use on a budget. I even bought a roll of the peal & seal from lowes opened it up and it smells like tar:-/ I dont think i wanna go that route

Nice, thanks for the tip...I might go that route.
My wife actually installed them for me for X-mas, i took the cluster apart and back together though;) Check out my vids she likes to document our progress and theres a few of the gauges being installed

I got them at the local auto parts store. These are a ltlle like the tar mats that you put on a roof, only with zero smell. I used a hair dryer to mold it to contours.

It has an adhesive on the back and something like clear plastic on top.

I can look up the brand if you like but you will probably not get that particular brand in the US.

Back