What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
got center gauges installed today, Doesnt look to bad considering they are after market and i had to cut and trim my center console to accept. Will post some pics as soon as i can get my computer up and runnning again
1t1yja.jpg
32znx2s.jpg
Ok finally got computer up and running again not the best pics, But my idiot lights dont work so i added these for now

Last edited by a moderator:
Had my Facebook pals convinced I'd given up and unloaded the Rustang - until my best friend (who also happens to run the Auto Hobby Shop) crapped all over my joke.

HAD A GOOD DAY AT THE SWAP MEET IN COLUMBUS OH. GOT TO MEET FLYIN BOB AND HIS WIFE, REAL NICE PEOPLE.. AND FOUND MY MACH GRILLE, NO BROKEN TABS OR ANYTHING, WITH MIDGS AND PONY EMBLEM.. $75.00 ALITTLE CLEAN UP AND YEE HA. SURE GET SHAKY EVERYTIME I PRICE THOSE COTTON PICKING ALUM. HEADS FOR A 429-460 THO..

I got the parts car off of my lift and loaded on the trailer. I hope to push the project on the lift tomorrow and drive it back into the garage. But, we all know that probably won't happen!

I got the parts car off of my lift and loaded on the trailer. I hope to push the project on the lift tomorrow and drive it back into the garage. But, we all know that probably won't happen!
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

By the way I love that avatar of yours!!::thumb::

I put my taillights back on the car with the new gaskets. (Thanx Qcode351mach) Hope there will be no more water in the trunk behind the taillights after washing the car.

While I was at it, I cleaned the reflectors and painted them in flat white, so that they shine a little bit brighter.

I brought it from the backyard into the drive way to wash it and count rear wheel rotations to see what gear I have. Still have to do these tasks...got to have an iced tea break.

Well, it never got out of the garage today. I needed to sand and paint the steering column(got that done) then the rag joint needed replacing(did that)

started putting the column back in and realized that is a 2 person job.

cleaned the back seats, put tools up, took the headliner bows out of the parts car and transferred them to the project car. ...maybe tomorrow ....

Ok, got it washed and instead of jacking it up and counting tire rotations I decided to scrub it down with rubbing compound. Not finished but so far it turned out good. Here's a pic.

DSC_3405.jpg

DSC_34154x6.jpg

Installed the Classic Air, except for the condenser..radiator support isn't on yet. sanded and painted the dash. Taking tomorrow off to help the wife in Charleston. Also going to look at a 20 foot trailer load of NOS mustang parts from a shop that closed up 10 years ago.
Hey Don 29163, any chance you could post some pics of this? I'm looking to aftermarket my A/C system also. I'd like to see the inside setup, is it a complete new box for the evaporator and heater? Also, is there an intake from the cowl for venting, like to original system or no?
This model specific "Perfect Fit™" system allows you to retrofit an original, standard, heat-only 1971-73 Mustang-Cougar with full air-conditioning. Engineered specifically to use the original 1971-73 Mustang-Cougar heater controls and dash louvers while providing you with powerful air conditioning, heat on the floor, and dehumidified defrost. The air conditioning and defrost connect to the original heater-defrost diffusers.
On one of my many trips to Tampa I stopped by Classic Auto Air and met a few of the guys there. They let me hang out for a couple of hours while they worked. I was impressed with the the quality of their system and will probably by two of them at some point...one for the 65 & one for the 71.

took off passenger fender yesterday. Found a vin stamp! see pic with arrow.

Cleaned up the area. getting it ready for some blasting, then some undercoating. I can't afford taking the whole car to paint N body...so going to take front fenders first to paint N body for work. Guy at paint N Body shop..which is just right down the road from me...said I will "save" a bundle by doing this in bits N pieces. We'll see.

72stang.jpg

Hey Don, noticed you have a fox body back there too...you're not partial to the pony cars, are you?
Steve: maybe! :D The 65 is in the garage in front of the fox body.

DSC_34034x6.jpg
LOL! Touche! You should pick up the 2012 BOSS for your next addition...then maybe I can come over and drive it! :D

Hey Don, noticed you have a fox body back there too...you're not partial to the pony cars, are you?
Steve: maybe! :D The 65 is in the garage in front of the fox body.

DSC_34034x6.jpg
LOL! Touche! You should pick up the 2012 BOSS for your next addition...then maybe I can come over and drive it! :D
I just watched a video of the new boss running 11.70's in the quarter, stock with drag radials. Those are some scary fast cars.

At $47k, I'll have to wait 10 -15 years for the prices to come down. It IS on my list though. :D The next one will probably be either a GT convertible for the wife or an 03 a 04 Mach. I have 5 kids & they are jockeying for position/ claiming which car they're going to get since my 17 year old gets the fox GT. Lol

Back