What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:D:D:D:D It has a heartbeat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! only one small fitting on the gas line had a drip then someone (ME) did not fully install the radiator cap. So had to clean that mess up.:mad: Had no fan on the car and just rigged the wires to fire it up. So I will post videos when I get them from my cousin. He was doing the filming. having issues mailing them. Sounded pretty healthy. I'm just glad it sounded.

At $47k, I'll have to wait 10 -15 years for the prices to come down. It IS on my list though. :D The next one will probably be either a GT convertible for the wife or an 03 a 04 Mach. I have 5 kids & they are jockeying for position/ claiming which car they're going to get since my 17 year old gets the fox GT. Lol
We have two of the 04 Mach 1's. They are great cars; love the look, the sound, the way it handles, the fit of the seats, and you can't beat the look of the shaker. They are real head turners too. Pedestrians get whiplash when we drive the 73 convert and the Mach 1 together down the street :D Have you driven one yet?

DSCF6955.jpg

DSCF6949.jpg

DSCF6944.jpg

ok folks here is the last one of it just idling. More to come
Sounds sweet! Congrats on the start-up!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike, I haven't driven a 03-04 Mach1 - only been the drooling bystander. They look & sound awesome and have some good specs. Where in VA are you? I'll be in Bristol (home) in July. If you're not too far away I'd love to see your convertible especially and the pair of Machs.

Mike, I haven't driven a 03-04 Mach1 - only been the drooling bystander. They look & sound awesome and have some good specs. Where in VA are you? I'll be in Bristol (home) in July. If you're not too far away I'd love to see your convertible especially and the pair of Machs.
Your more than welcome to stop by, but I'm a good distance from Bristol up in Northern Virginia. I'm in Warrenton, about 50 miles south/west of DC. I'm on the member map under the Fun Stuff link. We also have an 01 Bullitt too! You might want to consider one of those too for your stable. They are great Mustangs also, usually a few low mileage ones out there in the market place.

DSCF8273.jpg

DSCF8274.jpg

Finished the column today.

I have a problem with the drivers Quarter ...It looks like it was installed too far in. I suspect that it was installed without the door mounted. Not sure what to do to fix that it is off about 1/2 inch.

I have a problem with the drivers Quarter ...It looks like it was installed too far in. I suspect that it was installed without the door mounted. Not sure what to do to fix that it is off about 1/2 inch.
Don any chance you could snap a pic for me? When you say to far in do you mean frt to back ?(the door won't fit in the opening) or when you put the door on with the door closed the door edge sticks out a 1/2" in relation to the qtr edge ?

Don any chance you could snap a pic for me? When you say to far in do you mean frt to back ?(the door won't fit in the opening) or when you put the door on with the door closed the door edge sticks out a 1/2" in relation to the qtr edge ?
the door edge sticks out a 1/2" in relation to the qtr edge. I'll get pics tomorrow.

Well.... did some buffing... cleaning up after the paint shop return... drove to the cruise in... and TURNED some heads litterly I could hear folks "wow thats set up for racing".... well i developed a little problem couldnt get my head out of the car.

But a special HATS OFF... to xoliex ...he had a set of Magnum 500 center caps he didnt need and I bought that were in dang near perfect shape... I put those on tonight... and its remarkable what a different look it gave the black car with those nice black center caps. THANKS xolieX!!!!!!

Hey Ole Pony... nice Bullit. My brother owns a 2001 Bullit as well. I hear its a pretty good scrapper.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glanced over at my beloved Rustang parked outside in the Auto Hobby Shop yard while I was putting the Ram back together (wishing I was working on it instead). The front seals in the Ram's tranny finally started leaking a couple weeks ago (not bad for a 14-yr-old truck), so I pulled the whole drivetrain and exhaust system this past weekend. After today's fun, I have the tranny repaired and back in with the exhaust and almost everything else back together. Tomorrow, I just gotta pop the transfer case back in, reinstall the drive shafts, and refill it with fluids.

I have mixed feelings about the impending government shutdown. On one hand, I'm hoping it won't happen (because it'll hurt my Mustang budget), but on the other hand, it might give me some extra days to work on the Rustang some more. The sucky part is that the shutdown will only hurt your friends and neighbors - not those turds in office causing this huge mess (they won't be affected by it in the least).

I started it today, drove it off the lift (left 2 nice black marks) turned it around and drove it back in. Now I will turn my efforts to finishing the body work.

Back