What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking great David!!!! Which I could build something like that.
Tim,

You can do anything you want to do. Just sticks of wood and nails. I did work as a carpenter helper when young. My parents signed for me a work permit when I was 14. My dad did carpenter work so he taught me a lot and I taught my son. He built his first house when he was 17 and still in high school. The big crash forced him to take a plant job and give up building. He still does work on the side. He is too far away to help and works night shift at BMW.

Now the thing that kicks my ass is the black box controls on the new cars I am totally lost for sure and too old to go learn it, lol. So I will just keep the old cars.

Paul,

Yes I could get someone over to put the lift up but I am determined to build this garage myself. I did hire a crew to erect the building to get it done. I have an A frame stored at my sisters that I will get then I can lift the columns into place. Drilling the 3/4" holes in the concrete is the tough part even with hammer drill. Concrete is poured 8" thick where the columns go and has re bar.

Most people that know me call me the Crazy Old Guy because I am always into something new. I just like change.

I am just glad that the building codes here allow me to do all my own work. It does have to be inspected to same level as if a contractor did it.

Lunch is over back to work.

I think so too. The shop quoted me a lot less than what I was expecting. Its someone that I have worked with before. Actually when I talked with him I asked if he had any level plugs to replace my leaking one in the holley carb. He said he didn't. He ended up tracking me down at a local car meet just to give me a set of plastic and brass plugs he had lying around at home. I was very taken back, he didn't want payment in exchange.

And now to today. Fixed some stance problems.

IMG_7743.jpg

Installed the license plates (finally), installed the trunk stripe (finally), and rooted out a bad starter solenoid that might've been causing my intermittent electrical issues (hopefully).

Tomorrow, I tackle the ignition switch, starter solenoid, and adjust the TV cable (about 1/4" of cable showing at the end of the adjuster - that's not going to work ;) ).

I tried my hydraulics ramps for the first time today. Love 'em!

IMG_1578.JPG

PS: Do not forget to put your car in neutral when lifting!

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought it. That's what I did to my car today. :D
Sweet! Congratulations!! :bravo:

I adjusted the TV cable for the AOD by increasing the length of the homemade bracket I made. I was out of adjustability on the factory TV cable itself and had about 1/4" of actual cable showing on the end - definitely was having low line pressures, and I'm glad I got this taken care of before something bad happened to my free transmission. ;)

Also re-installed my starter solenoid with better grounding against the apron, as my intermittent electrical issue showed its ugly head Saturday evening (nothing worked - period). A check with the DVM showed good power and continuity across just about everything, but out of frustration I whacked the top of the starter solenoid with the butt of a big screwdriver - which... made everything work again. Hmmmmm... well, it IS an old Ford, after all. rofl

Still need to do the ignition switch.

I'm motivated again because the base car show is this coming weekend, and I've been told I am not allowed to trailer it again (and she's actually here this year, so no sneaking around it anymore rofl )

I learned that Horney Mike and Ryan Evans from Count's Kustoms (from the Counting Cars TV show) will be at our little car show out in the middle of nowhere West Texas. Even more reason to have a good showing!

I bought it. That's what I did to my car today. :D
Sweet! Congratulations!! :bravo:

I adjusted the TV cable for the AOD by increasing the length of the homemade bracket I made. I was out of adjustability on the factory TV cable itself and had about 1/4" of actual cable showing on the end - definitely was having low line pressures, and I'm glad I got this taken care of before something bad happened to my free transmission. ;)

Also re-installed my starter solenoid with better grounding against the apron, as my intermittent electrical issue showed its ugly head Saturday evening (nothing worked - period). A check with the DVM showed good power and continuity across just about everything, but out of frustration I whacked the top of the starter solenoid with the butt of a big screwdriver - which... made everything work again. Hmmmmm... well, it IS an old Ford, after all. rofl

Still need to do the ignition switch.

I'm motivated again because the base car show is this coming weekend, and I've been told I am not allowed to trailer it again (and she's actually here this year, so no sneaking around it anymore rofl )

I learned that Horney Mike and Ryan Evans from Count's Kustoms (from the Counting Cars TV show) will be at our little car show out in the middle of nowhere West Texas. Even more reason to have a good showing!
Those two guys seem pretty weird on TV but I will give them credit as they are very talented artists.

I was thinking last night that I wished they would be sending Roli, and that maybe I could get him to detail my engine compartment. rofl

Got new bearings pressed on the axels. Should have the rebuilt Third member back by the end of the week. Quick Performance out of Ames, IA is doing the rebuild. I think a couple of people on here have ordered complete ones from them in the past. I decided to have my rebuilt for a couple of reasons...

1. I would have the original case still on my car.

2. I would be able to keep the BC1310 U-Joint that I just installed (Odd ball yoke on these things 1310 size u-joint but has the larger 1330 caps).

3. It was cheaper even with sending mine to Ames (less than $20 shipping for next day delivery via a local carrier)

Can't wait to try it out.

Back