What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watched it from my rear view:)

8b3af8beed5b66e5d8533a85ef5b3674.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even though it hasn't snowed in a while there is too much salt residue to take mine out. I put it in hibernation last weekend.

13zu29x.jpg

Joined a couple hundred other cars at Lucky's Rod Run today from Houston to Bryan (I met them there). It was a balmy 18 degree. Besides being cold, it was a good day.
68b3b99b370ae835bc02d79ab8ce2068.jpg
8a1ea01c99468f5025faaafddb614851.jpg

Old stuff removed and new drivers rear 4 1/2 mid-eye installed with all new shackles, bushings, bolts and Bilstein shock installed. Might get the drivers side done tomorrow though we are heading to the movies and planning a burger grill given the fine weather.

Even though it hasn't snowed in a while there is too much salt residue to take mine out. I put it in hibernation last weekend.

13zu29x.jpg
Very Nice!

But what a tradgedy the roads get salted in America as they do.:-/ It's one fast way to rust a car out.

Thank God here in Australia, none of our road systems ever get salted.

Greg.:-/

13zu29x.jpg
Very Nice!

But what a tradgedy the roads get salted in America as they do.:-/ It's one fast way to rust a car out.

Thank God here in Australia, none of our road systems ever get salted.

Greg.:-/

You forgot to mention there is absolutely no need for it here as there is no snow!!!!:) Well almost no snow and the last time I checked no one was driving Mustangs to Thredbo in winter:)

Interesting. Last night i was driving over pure salt. We had freezing rain and the amount of salt on the highway was inmense. However, with temperatures in the low 20s and rain falling you can imagine that the alternative would be driving on a sheet of ice.

1971 M-code Mach 1

Last edited by a moderator:
Speedometer housing refurbishment today... Took it completely apart and cleaned, lubricated everything - as required. Wanted to remove the blue covers to clean, but the bracket's - prongs holding them in are very brittle..., Installed new LED bulbs, have not tested yet, have to read up on bench testing them in the housing... Also installed a new clear front lens and this original housing unit is ready to go....

Last edited:
Back