What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
there should be a clip on the cowl that rubs on the hood also, that is to help prevent radio noise

http://mustang.carnutguys.com/_Media/s6300778.jpeg
Well I've spent hours staring at that clip on my car wondering what on earth it's function could be! How does it work??

It scrapes the paint off and thus creates a spot that rusts easily! :D

I found some old abandoned warehouses where the doors are open, so I decided to go back with a camera and snap some pics inside:
Great pics! I love the old factory look!

I am in the process of fabricating low profile shock tower braces so I can finally put an intake tube on my car. I finished welding up the passengers side bracket today, and will start on the driver's side tommorow. This is my first real attempt at fabricating, and it won't be my last :)

216120_10150227833821995_610141994_8764217_4673994_n.jpg

Laid in place to check intake clearance. Everything seems good.

207841_10150227834026995_610141994_8764222_2363410_n.jpg

ah interesting :)

I got my clamps installed went for a spin, Much better, getting there.

Spent three hours of quality time with my hands in the media blasting cabinet. Although the results are always gratifying I find blasting about as fun as watching paint dry...in reverse.

Still need a little touching up before paint (or phosphate on the hinges) but the heavy work is done.

~Jim

blasted.jpg

Spent three hours of quality time with my hands in the media blasting cabinet. Although the results are always gratifying I find blasting about as fun as watching paint dry...in reverse.

Still need a little touching up before paint (or phosphate on the hinges) but the heavy work is done.

~Jim
Damn nice looking! Good work!

Doc

I'm a bloke who hates it when something that the car came out with doesn't work, and the "fasten seat belt" light is no exception. The light has never worked since I bought the car (globe tested ok) and I wasn't even sure how the thing was supposed to work, though the unplugged wire down near my aftermarket seat belt retractor made me surmise that it would have been connected to the original seat belt mechanism.

Anyway, I did a search on the net and found this little device from snakebite.com.au which powers the seat belt light for 20 seconds when the car is switched on, then turns it off (AU$51):

http://www.snakebite.com.au/seatbeltwarninglighttimer-p-178.html

beltlight001.jpg

Today I wired it in - two wires to the light, one to earth, and one to a fuse that powers up with the ignition switch. It works great!

beltlight002.jpg

Just about got the last of the 'unwanted' sheet metal off the 'new' front clip. Now, I gotta decide if I want to buy a media blaster set-up and do it myself, or pay someone to do it. I'll be going purely on cost - a 'blaster set-up will run almost $200, all said and done. Probably better to just let someone do it and spend that money on more Rust Bullet. ;)

Had to clip what's left of the rockers off the torque boxes. Fortunately, the rockers on the Rustang are still good, so getting that front end slid up in there might not be so bad after all.

Took it for a ride, still has bad cold engine hesitation, upped the choke when I got home. Try it another day.

Back