What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolutely nothing!

I replaced all of the instrument lighting with the 5X LED lighting kit, and WOW what a difference! I highly recommend. My next real project is to cut out the standard rear seat/package tray framework, and start fabricating the trapdoor framework for the fold-down rear seat stuff. I've been a little hesitant to start that...

Sunday I prepped the motor for removal. took plenty of pics. hopefully the long easter weekend will allow me some time to take the motor out!

2011-04-17 16 45 09.jpg

2011-04-17 18 29 28.jpg

I got the last of the firewall and kick panel off the 'new' front clip from the passenger side. Wow - whatta PITA. Armed with the information on how to get it off, I've only got about a dozen more spot-welds to drill out on the driver side so it'll all be free as well.

Then - gotta knock off what's left of the rockers. The 'yard guys cut right through them so they're unusable.

Gonna hafta patch the top of the passenger-side torque box... don't know about the driver-side yet. Got some Rust Bullet on order.

My cell phone pictures suck... so I'll be sure take the camera next time.

Cut off some exhaust welds I made that sucked to replace them with a band clamp, greased all zurk fittings on front suspension.

I'm making a list of stuff I need to do/buy for the car when I return to the states. For example:

1. Brakes need to be fixed, pedal's been going to the floor for about 4 years now, and brake fluid pushes out of the master cylinder cap. Car barely stops.

2. Needs new headers and exhaust, badly.

3. The fluid and filter were supposed to be changed in my new TCI transmission at 1500 miles. It's been over 10,000.

There are a lot of other things...

there should be a clip on the cowl that rubs on the hood also, that is to help prevent radio noise

http://mustang.carnutguys.com/_Media/s6300778.jpeg
Well I've spent hours staring at that clip on my car wondering what on earth it's function could be! How does it work??

It scrapes the paint off and thus creates a spot that rusts easily! :D

I found some old abandoned warehouses where the doors are open, so I decided to go back with a camera and snap some pics inside:

DSC_0211.JPG

DSC_0234.JPG

DSC_0242.JPG

DSC_0259.JPG

DSC_0267.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool photos Mike.

I helped put the transmission in the stock eliminator car. Installed the repainted quarter extensions. We're getting close to being ready for our first race the end of the month. Indy!!! :D
:worthlesswithoutpics:
Here you go Roy

0440-004.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
there should be a clip on the cowl that rubs on the hood also, that is to help prevent radio noise

http://mustang.carnutguys.com/_Media/s6300778.jpeg
Well I've spent hours staring at that clip on my car wondering what on earth it's function could be! How does it work??

I found some old abandoned warehouses where the doors are open, so I decided to go back with a camera and snap some pics inside:
Hey Mike, I REALLY like that second picture. Looks like it's out of a magazine!

Hey Mike, I REALLY like that second picture. Looks like it's out of a magazine!
I like all of them but number 3 and 4 are the ones I like best!

new exhaust band clamps have arrived guess i'll be under a ford tonight

Back