What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took a trip to the plating shop.  Dropped off the Hurst shifter handle and both twist lock tops for re-chrome.

$100 for all 3.  I thought that was a hell of a deal!

Kcmash
Well the plater quoted 3 weeks and finished in 3 days!

Here is the 40 dollar shifter handle job.

Took a trip to the plating shop.  Dropped off the Hurst shifter handle and both twist lock tops for re-chrome.

Kcmash

if you want to get something chromed in southern California  it cost a arm and a leg and it farmed out to mexico  

Kcmash

if you want to get something chromed in southern California  it cost a arm and a leg and it farmed out to mexico  

Well, I am super satisfied with these guys.  I got the shifter handle and both hood twist lock buttons replated and polished for $100.    The chrome looks incredible and they are super friendly to deal with.  DeTray Plating in Independence MO.

Let me know what else I can tell you about them.

kcmash

Started mine up for the 4th of July party guests.  Just because I finally can....

kcmash

How often do you have to add gear lube to it? Usually the differential does need topping off unless it has a leak.
I had a small leak -- stopped the leak and added about half a pint
You should be ready to go, then. One other question, do you have a traction lock rear end? Some require a friction modifier in the lube.

Just a little Idle time.

Checked fan and blower functions, checked Power Steering.   Blower- good, Power Steering-not good.  Idling - Sweet, a little rich.

kcmash

I'm pretty sure the PS pump went bad sitting dry for 20 years.

I got the new BFG sneakers for the Mach yesterday.  Torqued the rears down today.

Went to the air show, so not much garage time.  Back to the office tomorrow.

kcmash

I put the hood and grille on this past weekend. She's 99% back together! All that's left are the rear valance that I can't seem to get a good finish on with the Dupli-Color, a couple of electrical issues (horn and brake lights), and chasing a leak or two. Then she's ready for safety inspection and a tag!

I put the hood and grille on this past weekend. She's 99% back together! All that's left are the rear valance that I can't seem to get a good finish on with the Dupli-Color, a couple of electrical issues (horn and brake lights), and chasing a leak or two. Then she's ready for safety inspection and a tag!

I really like how those wheels look. Great job!

Thanks! I was going for something a little different, yet period-correct. These are American Racing Vectors like the General Lee wore. No offense to anyone here, but I get tired of seeing Cragars, slots, and Magnums all the time, and I'm not a fan of the new-style street rims in 18+ diameter on old cars.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's see...

Installed the little green spring on the clutch z-bar

Painted fasteners for the AC Condensor,

Removed the hood latch to install the Condensor

Installed the Condensor

Re-Installed the Hood latch assy

Installed the Dryer

Cross threaded the large AC hose at the condensor

Removed the Hood Latch Assy

Removed the Condensor

Cussed a lot in the middle.