What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am pleased to say my car finally started today!!!!

[video=youtube]

Got my heater box seam sealed and all parts painted, after 3 hours of taping got the tail lights painted (blacked out)

I am pleased to say my car finally started today!!!!

[video=youtube]

Good job downwardspiral

heater box.jpg

heater parts.jpg

taped.jpg

painted tail light.jpg

light in car.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my heater box seam sealed and all parts painted, after 3 hours of taping got the tail lights painted (blacked out)

Good job downwardspiral
Thanks, looks like you got some nice work done today too!

Watching the rain come down and watching the beach disappear. Looking at around 100 mm today

finally got a fiberglass hood for my car! thanks again Hemikiller!

I spent three hours CLEANING my lights and then the hour and a half taping off the first one. the second will have to wait till next day. Too cold out in the garage tonight...brrrr...

IMG00809-20110109-2302.jpg

Still taking things apart. Labeled, photographed, and disassembled the multitude of vacuum hoses that seem to be attached to every part of the engine. Same thing with many parts of the wiring harness around the engine. Disconnected the exhaust pipes from the exhaust manifolds. This week, exhaust manifolds will be removed as well as the intake manifold and carb as one unit. Then, FINALLY, I should be able to remove the heads and start rebuilding them. This is what it looks like tonight:

Engine Disassembly 1-9-11.JPG

Trying to figure out the correct names for the things that all the vacuum hoses connect to (vacuum "trees"', maybe?) that are located in the front and back of the intake manifold). Anyway, finally some good progress.

Doc

Any and all progress is good. Mike
Mike I agree. The important thing is once something is done, it is one less thing to get completed, and one thing closer to the day where it rolls out of the garage and heads to open road/ car show / starts turning heads, whatever...

:D

I spent three hours CLEANING my lights and then the hour and a half taping off the first one. the second will have to wait till next day. Too cold out in the garage tonight...brrrr...
Those lights are a PITA I see why people either don't do them or half way do them. But They are worth it when you do get them right, Hang in there.

Found shrapnel inside my new race torque converter, bummed out.

S2010143.jpg

Taught myself to rebuild the 4r70w tranny, boy there are lots of parts in there. Not too bad once you get into it.

S2010152.jpg

Stock converter is back in and running, waiting for word from the manufacturer.

Those lights are a PITA I see why people either don't do them or half way do them. But They are worth it when you do get them right, Hang in there.
I may "delay" some parts of my restoration but when I do something, I do it to the best of my limited ability. Taping off parts, while tedious and time consuming, is easy to do. Custom fabrication of metal parts is MUCH more difficult, as I have found out. I had hoped to repair my passenger quarter panel where it attaches to the trunk drop off but it is just more than I am capable to do. I can at least say it is metal and is welded in place. Fit is just crap, so it will have to be redone before the repaint but may last me for a couple of seasons. Anybody that does that custom fabbing has my respect... ::thumb::

Still taking things apart. Labeled, photographed, and disassembled the multitude of vacuum hoses that seem to be attached to every part of the engine. Same thing with many parts of the wiring harness around the engine. Disconnected the exhaust pipes from the exhaust manifolds. This week, exhaust manifolds will be removed as well as the intake manifold and carb as one unit. Then, FINALLY, I should be able to remove the heads and start rebuilding them. This is what it looks like tonight:

Trying to figure out the correct names for the things that all the vacuum hoses connect to (vacuum "trees"', maybe?) that are located in the front and back of the intake manifold). Anyway, finally some good progress.

Doc
Nice work Doc!!!!!! Wahoooo

Found shrapnel inside my new race torque converter, bummed out.

S2010143.jpg

Taught myself to rebuild the 4r70w tranny, boy there are lots of parts in there. Not too bad once you get into it.

S2010152.jpg

Stock converter is back in and running, waiting for word from the manufacturer.
Was that internal to the converter or come from the tranny itself? I hate that.:mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back