What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You fellas remember what I said about if you can't hit it with a sledgehammer I shouldn't be touching it. WELL!!! :mad:

DSCN1083.JPG

That was my all time favorite picklefork. But I got that pesky spindle off. Guess I'm not the only thing getting brittle with age :D

DSCN1084.JPG

Few days late posting but here are a couple of youtube videos of it's first run!

Geez, that was nasty! Good thing you were able to put the fire out with the rag.

But, talking about fire leads us to grille and that was gonna be my contribution to this thread.

Yesterday, FedEx delivered a huge box with a CJPony Parts decal on it and my Mach 1 grille had finally arrived. I felt like a kid at Christmas, Don´t we all love to open boxes? ;)

So of course I had to drop everything and get to work on the grille immediately.

Here´s the result. I think it looks waaayyyy better than with the standard grille.

grill2.JPG

grill 1.JPG

Removed the front sway bar, and got the DS lower arm bolt out. Disconnected the pitman arm, idler arm, proportional valve, wiper motor, and master cylinder. Not too far from lighting the wrench!!!

I put on the chrome corral around the mustang, installed a new power steering hose on the factory original pump and refilled the radiator, engine and power steering pump with new fluids . I ran it for about a 1/2 hour and adjusted the carb and timing until it ran like a new car. That stainless exhaust just sings.

Drove it out to the country and took some pictures.

DSC03166.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my engine back from the machine shop on Friday... well, sort of. I'm going with the CompCams roller cam set-up, and the kit came with a lifter keeper that mounts in the lifter valley. They forgot to drill and tap the holes to mount up the lifter keeper. So, they still have the block and I should get it back on Monday, but the Auto Hobby Shop doesn't open 'til Wednesday anyway - so I'll pick it up then.

I'm planning on taking next Friday off and just shotgun the floors so that part is done once and for all. I've got everything I need (the weld-thru primer, tech fasteners, both brush-on & regular seam sealer, and still plenty of Rust Bullet), so I should be able to git 'r done with a good effort.

There's a General walking through sometime during the week, and the shop is pretty immaculately spit-shined. I mean - damn... for a garage, you could literally eat off the floor (I dropped my breakfast burrito yesterday and didn't think anything about employing the 5-second rule - that's how clean it is). Anyway - I'm hoping the 'freak-out factor' by the Flight Chief will relax a bit after the General's gone.

Bought a bunch of interior parts...going to rust bullet the floorpans and interior roof this coming weekend so I can start putting in the interior (after plugging the pinholes, of course). Really starting to feel the progress now!

Completed the sound deadening on the back seat and the passenger side floor of the car today. Reinstalled the factory sound deadner jute tar pieces on the passenger side. My plans are to have the headliner and carpet back in the car this week.

Latest posts

Back