What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes ... I gave my gear stick ...pubes...  :whistling:

If anyone would like to know more about this modification - just mail me 

These hairs are actually out of a Jaguar XJS  (Jagwaarrr in Americanese)  or Aston Martin DB7 ...

I didn't like the rubber thing going on in there so opted for hair. 

Not standard ...but I don't give a ...  

::tease:: Just look at the nice way the hairs caress my stick

I think it's time for a  ::beer::

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes ... I gave my gear stick  ...pubes...  :whistling:

If anyone would like to know more about this modification - just mail me 

These hairs are actually out of a Jaguar XJS  (Jagwaarrr in Americanese)  or Aston Martin DB7 ...

I didn't like the rubber thing going on in there so adopted for hair. 

Not standard ...but I don't give a ...  

::tease:: Just look at the nice way the hairs caress my stick

I think it's time for a  ::beer::
I like it, looks cleaner and give an upscale look :bravo:

1sostatic,  $?>&*@...I was just fine sittin' here reading some posts, enjoying my coffee and staying warm. Then you just had to go and show your shifter where the hairs were caressing the stick!! Now I'm out of breath looking for my tools to pull my shifter bezel off.     :whistling:

That does look good and like 73basicstang said, it looks more upscale and you also won't have to worry about it tearing and deteriorating like the rubber version's do.   ::thumb::

Made this for connecting to my new radio when I install it. Gives the lighter bezel something to do and looks stock when not in use. Now I just have to figure out how to actually install it in the dash :chin:

That's smuckin' fart!

Haven't touched the Mustang in a couple months, but lost the brakes on my '07 2500HD from rusty brake lines. Removed the bed to do the rear line and decided it was time to take care of the nastiness on the frame. Spent the weekend knocking rust off with a needle scaler and wire wheel. Thanks to the crummy steel GM used on the frame and the pure "death to metal" de-iceing spray they use on the roads here in CT, I think I knocked off about 40lbs. Next step is acid treating the frame and some Rust Bullet paint.

You couldn't customize the bezel to say USB? LOL, no seriously...this is really cool. Now...WHERE to put it?
It's going where the lighter was. Problem is that the lighter, now missing, is what holds the whole contraption to the dash. Gotta figure out how to grab on to the USB dongle without destroying it and without letting it spin. Maybe a couple of screws through the light compartment?

You couldn't customize the bezel to say USB? LOL, no seriously...this is really cool. Now...WHERE to put it?
It's going where the lighter was. Problem is that the lighter, now missing, is what holds the whole contraption to the dash. Gotta figure out how to grab on to the USB dongle without destroying it and without letting it spin. Maybe a couple of screws through the light compartment?
Any way you can slot it and use a clip like a door or trunk lock?

Haven't touched the Mustang in a couple months, but lost the brakes on my '07 2500HD from rusty brake lines. Removed the bed to do the rear line and decided it was time to take care of the nastiness on the frame. Spent the weekend knocking rust off with a needle scaler and wire wheel. Thanks to the crummy steel GM used on the frame and the pure "death to metal" de-iceing spray they use on the roads here in CT, I think I knocked off about 40lbs.  Next step is acid treating the frame and some Rust Bullet paint.

I can hear it rusting away all the way down here in Florida! lollerz

Not just poking fun a GM but they did have some huge issues with the speed that the metal rusted.

Back when they first came out with their little pick up trucks they actually crushed several hundred that got rust holes in the body before they were ever sold.

If you look at the inner reinforcements on an early camaro or firebird you can see it was just hot rolled steel pickled and oiled. You can see like a grain in the surface. That is the bottom of the barrel steel you can use nothing cheaper except just hot rolled and not pickled like angle iron is.

I am not up to speed on what Ford does now on their frames but they use to dip the assembled frame in hot wax to coat inside and out for rust protection.

It is true on a quiet night you can hear a GM car rusting, lol.

Hi guys 

Had a beer ::beer:: , fitted 3 point seat belts, had another beer ::beer:: , fitted CB...had another beer ::beer:: then tuned the CB antenna SWR to perfection and got a CB'r 9 miles away on a rig check, had another beer ::beer::  ...then polished the wheels,... cos I wasn't fit for doing much else  - then had another ...you guess ::beer::

………. A CB!!!! Now that's definitely "70's! Didn't know people actually still use them...……. other than truckers, sorry Lorry drivers.

Looking good though.

Geoff.

Not just poking fun a GM but they did have some huge issues with the speed that the metal rusted.

Back when they first came out with their little pick up trucks they actually crushed several hundred that got rust holes in the body before they were ever sold.

If you look at the inner reinforcements on an early camaro or firebird you can see it was just hot rolled steel pickled and oiled. You can see like a grain in the surface. That is the bottom of the barrel steel you can use nothing cheaper except just hot rolled and not pickled like angle iron is.

I am not up to speed on what Ford does now on their frames but they use to dip the assembled frame in hot wax to coat inside and out for rust protection.

It is true on a quiet night you can hear a GM car rusting, lol.
My truck had the wax dip coating on the frame from the factory. Problem is that it was bare steel underneath and the wax is easily damaged. I made the mistake of not keeping up on it as well as I should have. Supposedly, the newest trucks have an improved version of the wax coating that's more durable. 

Of course, things look fine from underneath, but when you take the bed off, it's really easy to see exactly how bad things are. Frame rails themselves are in good shape, it's the spare tire H-member that's the worst and I'm fabbing a new rear wall for that. I also need to weld in new upper shock mount brackets. The rest of the frame and the body on the truck are excellent, with a couple small spots of surface rust on the sharp edges. I'm going to phosphate treat the underside to remove as much of that as possible, then slather on some Rust Bullet. Before next winter it'll get a Fluid Film treatment. 

I believe Ford is currently using E-coat dip on their frames.

So after fitting the gear stick with pubes...  :-/  I now turned to the electrics, specifically with hidden LED footwell illumination  ...now it's a Brothel.

the new switch on the left will turn on all the interior lights when doors closed -- the one on the right switches the antenna from Radio to CB 

this switch pair is brand new, though intended for a 1970's Peterbilt Truck -- I chose these because they look like they always belonged - they are on a steel bezel with a grained rugged black paint.

So after fitting the gear stick with pubes...  :-/  I now turned to the electrics, specifically with hidden LED footwell illumination  ...now it's a Brothel.

the new switch on the left will turn on all the interior lights when doors closed -- the one on the right switches the antenna from Radio to CB 

this switch pair is brand new, though intended for a 1970's Peterbilt Truck -- I chose these because they look like they always belonged - they are on a steel bezel with a grained rugged black paint.

Now you need those little projector things for your doors that show a Mustang logo on the ground as you get in and out:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back