What Did You Pay For Gas Today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I filled up my 2004 Mach 1 today which requires premium gas. It was 3.859 a gallon, but I used my Sheetz discount card for a 3 cent per gallon discount! Interesting Sheetz Gas sells 93 Octane where the local Exxon's are 92 Octane for the same price or more.

German gas price ist: 1,65 Euro / Liter 95 Octane ROZ :mad:

Thats 4,7 $ US Gallon,right ? :dodgy:

Claus

German gas price is: 1,65 Euro / Liter 95 Octane ROZ :mad:

Claus

Last edited by a moderator:
German gas price ist: 1,65 Euro / Liter 95 Octane ROZ :mad:

Claus

German gas price is: 1,65 Euro / Liter 95 Octane ROZ :mad:

Claus

3.8 liters to a gallon, at 1.65 per Euro = 6.27 Euro's per gallon. Euro is currently $1.33 per Euro = $8.30 a gallon.

Filled up yesterday 4.05 for regular
3.60 here right now..Im suprized your higher than us right now Jim...our gas has to be trucked from montana so usualy we are a bit spender than seattle coastal area.
Yeah I know it makes no sense. Bellingham which is where the largest oil refinery for Washinton is one of the most expensive cities in the State for gas, they're paying about $4.10 a gallon for regular. I believe we have among the highest taxed gas in the United States and local areas apparently tack on their own.

In Oz - the (cough) lucky country I paid $1.57 ltr for 98 octaine which I

think equates to $5.93 gal.

Cheer

Mark

than us right now Jim...our gas has to be trucked from montana so usualy we are a bit spender than seattle coastal area.
Yeah I know it makes no sense. Bellingham which is where the largest oil refinery for Washinton is one of the most expensive cities in the State for gas, they're paying about $4.10 a gallon for regular. I believe we have among the highest taxed gas in the United States and local areas apparently tack on their own.

They must think you all have a bit more money over that way....I found out by the guy who owns 3 diffrent gas stations here..All with diffrent prices...That the company sets the price for each station due to the amount of gas sales...So more gas you sell at your station..The higher they charge!! Isnt that just wrong? You would think the more you was getting...The cheaper it should be.

Going to the desert this weekend to burn up some of that evil gas. On Saturday I filled the fuel station on my toy hauler with 92 and payed 4.43 a gallon. Today is what hurt on my way home from work I filled my Superduty up and payed 4.49 for diesel. It took 151.00 to fill.:mad: Regular is 4.23 a gallon.

I would not mind paying $5 a gallon if I could get the 100+ octane stuff w/o alcohol.

What is the highest available octane rating in Europe at the pump?

mike
I have never found 100 octane stuff here. There used to be one gas station in Germany, a few miles behind the border that used to have 100 octane gas but it is exceptional.

Highest rating here is 98 but they are pulling the stuff, so it's usually only 95 octane that is available.

I filled up my 2004 Mach 1 today which requires premium gas. It was 3.859 a gallon, but I used my Sheetz discount card for a 3 cent per gallon discount! Interesting Sheetz Gas sells 93 Octane where the local Exxon's are 92 Octane for the same price or more.

in my area I pay full price they dont givea Sheetz

than us right now Jim...our gas has to be trucked from montana so usualy we are a bit spender than seattle coastal area.
They must think you all have a bit more money over that way....I found out by the guy who owns 3 diffrent gas stations here..All with diffrent prices...That the company sets the price for each station due to the amount of gas sales...So more gas you sell at your station..The higher they charge!! Isnt that just wrong? You would think the more you was getting...The cheaper it should be.

yeah I know this "KNOW IT ALL GUY" that chimes in on a subject like this and claims all kinds of reasons. When he got distribution expense I named nearly twenty stations, approximate miles from the distribution center here to my house and corresponding prices. 3 stations far away were cheaper than near the DC and then surrounding ones higher than my three favorites... we needs some good ole fashion 1970's gas wars!!!!

Dunno...I just fill up because I need the fuel regardless.

However, I believe we are about $3.40 or so.
That's a good technique, maybe I'll close my eyes next time I pay for gas and it won't hurt so bad! :D

Dunno...I just fill up because I need the fuel regardless.

However, I believe we are about $3.40 or so.
That's a good technique, maybe I'll close my eyes next time I pay for gas and it won't hurt so bad! :D
LOL it makes it easier to deal with. I remember when gas went over $2/gallon and everyone said they'd never buy gas at that price. Ah the good old days...lollerz

3.73 / gallon regular, in St. Augustine, Florida, today. I was reading the newest issue of Muscle Machines today and there is an item in there about trying to use E-85. They said it is over 100 octane. It costs about a dollar less than gasoline. Would have to modify the system for jetting, and use materials impervious to the ethanol, which they said is similar to using alcohol.

We could save $$$ and use higher compression ratios without detonation. Too good to be true??? Anybody have experience they can share on this ???

It's $4.35/gal for Chevron regular 87 here in San Jose, you guys are getting it CHEEP. Gotta run 91 in the Mach1 though, I got it for $4.49 about a week ago.

Unless you have very high compression, you can run regular if you retard the timing until it doesn't ping. Newer cars do this automatically with knock sensors.

Back