WIDE-BODY KIT FROM SCRATCH

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

https://ibb.co/eTxpWH

88_FE0007_7_BFB_4_C4_C_A003_5_D99_D4_B3_BDF8.png

I understand it’s a take it or leave it thing I guess but I lone how racey it looks.

Thanks Scott. Yes it’s going to turn in front of the tire and run down the body line just above the rocker and potentially end in the quarter scoop.

I got to agree with @Mudbilly

The aggressive elegance of the body does not really need big stickers taking over the line.

Instead looking at the nice touch of the rear emblems, I'm bit surprised that there is not a subtile "snake" , "s" curve something integrated into the red lines

vs these in my view way too big "python" scripts not really adding much and really classic.

Just my two cents a well. Still big fan tho :)

I see what you mean. It is definitely one way to do this build. I have a few friends that feel the car should go stripe-less. The intention all along is to do an evolved version of the BOSS 302 stripe from the year before. Something you might have even seen from Ford or Shelby. However, the car has a lot more realestate in front of the tire so I flipped the stripe and have the side stripe wrapping around the nose of the car rather than the area between the door and tire. In my view, even though it’s very different than a BOSS stripe, it needs to be something they eye would be used to seeing on a Mustang vs something totally off the cuff. I hope I don’t disappoint too many people but I personally am happy with the aggressiveness. Of course it’s just a concept and once we start plotting and cutting here on site it will get tweaked to fit best but a mustang with no stripes isn’t a mustang that I have ownership of.

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly my taste. I’d have some killer call outs if I was sporting a Voodoo engine or something exotic like that but I don’t think it’s worth throwing on 347 so I opted to go with my Design name VILAN and the PYTHON logo.

[i have a few friends that feel the car should go stripe-less. ]

Not saying that at all, I like the 70's style too. Just saying a bit more subtle/balanced on where on the body line.

Straight lines for a Python theme... me thinking there must be a way to add a little twist to the 70 graphics,

and link the theme&name that you so nicely represented into your badges.

Piece by piece it’s turning out just like I wanted.

Left and right air extractors on the hood

They still have to get the black Powdercoated 1/4” honeycomb grills popping out

I find it very satisfying that the charcoal vinyl flops from flat black on one angle to almost silver on the opposite angle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back