WIDE-BODY KIT FROM SCRATCH

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This being the place where 71-3 lovers hang out showing it to you all on this forum is me showing it off at its peak. The rest of the world are car lovers in general. Still great. Lol

I am glad you went with the 71-73 tail lights!  Maybe not the most sexy lights out there, but they are very iconic to the 71-73's!!

I had to but heads with a one or two people that would rather I didn’t use stock lights. Or at least close to stock anyway. I like them as well.

I had to but heads with a one or two people that would rather I didn’t use stock lights. Or at least close to stock anyway. I like them as well.
We seem to be the minority. I was surprised to learn that many if not most 1,2,3 fans are actually not fans of their taillights.

I have to say, back in it’s day, it was pretty unattractive. I remember being at elementary school and my grade 7 teacher had a green sports roof and even at that young age I wondered what those tail lights were all about compared to the year before. Now, the nostalgia of it all makes me feel a connection to that shape that is pretty strong.

We seem to be the minority. I was surprised to learn that many if not most 1,2,3 fans are actually not fans of their taillights.

Yeah, putting my hand up here to say the 71-73 taillights are not appealing to me. Don't hate them, but do feel they would look better if they had been designed like in this photoshop image:

w2HkaqJ.jpg

Yeah, the tail lights are kind of sentimental to me too!  I will say one thing, they look pretty awesome with LED upgrades and even sequential patterns!  To me, the original tail light shape along with the front headlights and the hood and roof line is what makes a 71-73!  Everything else in between can be changed but you will still have a recognizable 71-73.  The Orange show car posted earlier in this thread is super nice but it was heavily customized in the front and kind of lost the 71-73 front end look.  I still like it but I'm just sayin' ::thumb::

Wow! I really like this car, love the graphics. You did an excellent job! Ryan

So I opened the garage door today and pushed the car out into the daylight. I thought the charcoal grey was doing a lot of flopping from dark to light but the red.... it looks like it’s hooked up to a battery. That I wasn’t expecting. I think it’s because it was more overcast and colours look more pure with less glare but wow. Lol

Lucky me. Today my son and I got to see the Ring Brothers handy work up close and personal. Very impressive build. All the right things in all the right places. Just yesterday the Prestone graphic was added to the rocker date. Nice touch.

I’d love to see their spin on a 71-3.

Back