WIDE-BODY KIT FROM SCRATCH

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow!

First of all, the contrast between the stripes and the paint is great!

But I really like how the appearance of the stripes changes with the angle. That's really spectacular and keeps the graphics alive and moving (kinda..).

Of course with black, the red /orange pin stripe is the icing on the cake!!

Great job!

Thanks guys. I haven’t thought about where if show it. Our own MOTORAMA show pales in comparison to the Detroit custom car show. Maybe I take it Stateside.

Your right lol. The naked eye is so much better. You really get the colour flop and crispness. Vinyl has come such a long way.

3M matte charcoal metallic. Teflon tape / hand layed and cut and small amount of machine cut for lettering.

Wherever the Teflon tape couldn’t do 90 turns it had to be cut with a blade. With Just the right pressure All the red pin was hand layed and curved. All the lettering as I mentioned was plotted and machine cut. That’s why just the hood took Christian 10 hours.

Too funny. Getting it all done tomorrow. So more pics to come.

I finally took the time to read through all 96 pages of this thread and it does not disappoint!!  It is really awesome to see this build come alive from design to paint!  I can't wait to see the 'glamor' shots!  This thread also encourages members to pursue their dreams!  It doesn't matter if you prefer showroom restorations or restomod upgrades or even flat out custom builds like this one...the fact is that they are all part of the Mustang Hobby should all be respected equally! 

I have also awarded Wide-Body71 the Mustang Award for his part in promoting the Mustang Hobby with this epic build as well as the amazing coverage posted to our forum pages through the years!  I would love to see 7173mustangs.com mentioned as part of your inspiration and feedback for the project in some the magazine articles and interviews that I am sure you will be doing in the next few months and years to come!!   :D

Thanks and congratulations on a fantastic project!!  BTW, black was the correct choice!  Totally sinister look and stance!!

Wow. Thank you. It’s surreal to be acknowledged for something you would have done privately anyway. It is truly satisfying and I have this forum and it’s wonderful members to thank for that. Aiming to create something special with the sounding board that is 7173 I think made this car even better. It’s still a good year before all the mechanical fit and finish is done so I look forward to more feedback and banter from this bunch. Lol.

Back