WIDE-BODY KIT FROM SCRATCH

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Then lose the “AMERICAN RACING “ center cap and install these tri-bar spinner. While that’s happening I’m going to take all surface lettering off the tire with various grits of paper and finish the tires with my own brand of call outs to compliment the build.

The aluminum knock off spinners will be the only bright metal on the wheel and will put a little more attention to the brake upgrade. I give it a couple of weeks and I should have a before and after to show.

Just spent the better part of the afternoon straightening out the all the thin metal trim around the glass. Took off all the dumb dumb, weatherstripping glue and silicone that was on them and tapped out numerous dips and dents Now they are all ready for powdercoat. What a tedious job that was but I’m told that the repops are as weak as tin foil. Better some elbow grease than wasting money on junk.

Last edited by a moderator:

Also making cardboard templates of lower defusers for the sides. Not to be confused with skirts lol. This will be basically a continuation of the flat aluminum detail that’s seen up front running along the sides and stopping with a flip up fin at the quarter. I’m out of aluminum and I need a break to make some bends that are 80” long. For rigidity and fastening points under the rocker.

upload image to a post on web

Not a mustang but belongs to a mustang lover. I thought I’d share because after watching my buddy Christin do my car I thought I’d try laying graphics myself for my buddy Vince since he’s selling the his race car. I realize now that anyone doing car graphics for a living could also be s jeweler or dentist or BRAIN SURGEON lol. Tedious work but very rewarding if it turns out the way you want it. Now that I’ve “tried” it for 10 hours with 15 more to go, never again. Leave it to the pro’s.

Lemme guess: That ain't a "real" E30, but a race chassis with an E30 body adapted to it, right?

But I love the colors on that thing! Classic Euro Race style, like Martini Racing at the time.

Lol No. not an E30. It’s an 1989 BMW street car made into a race car. I was agreeing that it is awesome. I wouldn’t be putting my hands on an authentic one but .......... what a track car this is.

Last edited by a moderator:

Well. It took longer than I expected but I finished the graphics on the race car and today built a front splitter for it. It leaves my shop tomorrow and I should be getting back on the 71.

Hi all Finally pushed it outside. Haven’t spent any time on it lately but it will get attention soon.

Hard to believe that those rear tires are 29” tall. That rear quarter eats them up easily.

Thanks Jason. It’s hard to appreciate the work put into the lines and proportions till there is distance between the eye and the car. Take it all in at once from farther away. Too late for changes regardless but it's good to get it outside.

Not the best pic of the Mach Foose but the angle of the shots are similar. You can really see the difference of the front wheel moved forward and shortening the nose of the Foose build. Any thoughts? Is shorter a better look?

Back