Wire harness under driver seat 1973

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does that wiring harness come from the outside of the car through the Drivers Floor pan which came from two pigtails in the engine bay running parallel to the neutral safety switch harness?

I have a question regarding the driver seat wiring for the seat Belt Pressure Switch. On the passenger seat wire harness of my car I have a purple wire (w/white hash marks) and a Brown plug for the Pressure switch in the seat, the purple wire then runs to the seat belt retractor. I also a green plug with a orange wire and a black wire for the seat latch actuator. All the connections on the passenger side line up and make sense.

On the drivers seat wire harness I have the power seat plug (not used) and the green plug with a orange wire and a black wire for the seat latch actuator, but no purple wire (w/white hash marks) and a Brown plug for the Pressure switch like the passenger side. The drivers side purple wire runs directly to the seat belt retractor only. My driver seat has a pressure switch but oddly enough there is no place to plug it in.

My question: Was the drivers seat pressure switch not connected in the same manner as the passenger seat or am I missing a wire harness on drivers side for the pressure switch connection? It seems odd that the switch would be in the seat with nothing to hook it up to.

Thanks in advance for the help.

The drivers seat should not have a seat switch. The buzzer is actuated by the key being on saying there is a driver and turned off when you buckle your belt. The passenger seat should have a switch. If you have a connection for a power seat then it was from a Cougar Mustang did not offer that option. I have been told that end of model in 73 they used up the Cougar harnesses on the Mustang.[/align]

The drivers seat should not have a seat switch. The buzzer is actuated by the key being on saying there is a driver and turned off when you buckle your belt. The passenger seat should have a switch. If you have a connection for a power seat then it was from a Cougar Mustang did not offer that option. I have been told that end of model in 73 they used up the Cougar harnesses on the Mustang.[/align]
Thanks David, my car is June 73 build and therefore supports your understanding about using cougar parts late in the model year. I had a chance to look at the drivers seat of another vert and it had a pressure sensor as well, is it possible let that switches were installed in both seats or a passenger seat bottom was used instead of a driver side seat, hence the presence of a unused pressure switch?

Thanks for the explanation. It solves another mystery.

Back