• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB- Fully restored 71-73

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Thought I'd come to you guys with this...

A friend of mine, from high school is/has been on the hunt for a Fully Restored 71-73. He is a retired police officer and a true motorhead. His first car was a 73 Mach that he purchased back in the early 80's. 

If you have ever been thinking about selling your car, he is looking for something special. He does not want a project car.(been there done that) He wants one he can enjoy and go to cruises/shows with. He does not buy/sell cars, just wants one to enjoy now that he is retired. $40-60k. Resto mods are not ruled out, if it's done tastefully.

So show me what you've got. I just got off of Facebook with him minutes ago and he was looking at one in Ohio that he may offer 60k for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought I'd come to you guys with this...

A friend of mine, from high school is/has been on the hunt for a Fully Restored 71-73. He is a retired police officer and a true motorhead. His first car was a 73 Mach that he purchased back in the early 80's. 

If you have ever been thinking about selling your car, he is looking for something special. He does not want a project car.(been there done that) He wants one he can enjoy and go to cruises/shows with. He does not buy/sell cars, just wants one to enjoy now that he is retired. $40-60k. Resto mods are not ruled out, if it's done tastefully.

So show me what you've got. I just got off of Facebook with him minutes ago and he was looking at one in Ohio that he may offer 60k for.
 I sent you a PM. Did you get it?

As a Boss 351 owner - I too look at that car linked above as a good starting point. Looks like he is a car guy, probably BUILT to perform (read KNOWS to torque nuts and bolts) AND though missing some items could be enjoyed while procuring IF you wanted too!

While most know the wrong distributor and oil dipstick - you can drive with those! Same goes for the truck water pump and Holley carb.

Mark

P.S. Having said that ..... I would simply look at the car, confirm it is real SEE that I can live with the drilled firewall (for once installed AC/in the wrong area too) and go from there.

Latest posts

Back