ZBAR INFO (HELP)

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Gents,

Just wanted to clear up a couple of items. The HydraMax Hydraulic kit for the 71-73 Mustangs is $589, far less than the $700 quoted. I don't know who you spoke to, but it sounds like perhaps there was a price recorded improperly in our computer. This includes everything you need for the install. There is an $89 billet reservoir upgrade available, but it is not necessary for installation as the kit comes stock with a plastic tank.

The system will fit the firewall of the 71-73, though the big boosters make it a bit of a tight squeeze.

The only complication on your car that makes it different than the 65-70 cars is that your clutch pedal is offset from the hole in the firewall for the clutch rod, making it necessary to add a small bracket to the pedal to hook up our pedal rod. We have been looking for a local car (Middle Tennessee) to do a test fit and make a turn-key pedal offset, but have yet to find a car (volunteers are welcome :D). Once we have a test car we will be able to include the bracket in the kit. Until then you are on your own, but the piece is just a small piece of steel stock and customers who have used the system so far have had no difficulties with this simple fabrication.

We have fitment for Toploader, Ford T10 (and GM for that matter) HD Toploader, T5, T56 and TKO.

Hope this clears things up. Questions are welcome.
is your clutch cable set up requiring a cable clutch bellhousing? i'm assuming so however.

Hello Gents,

Just wanted to clear up a couple of items. The HydraMax Hydraulic kit for the 71-73 Mustangs is $589, far less than the $700 quoted. I don't know who you spoke to, but it sounds like perhaps there was a price recorded improperly in our computer. This includes everything you need for the install. There is an $89 billet reservoir upgrade available, but it is not necessary for installation as the kit comes stock with a plastic tank.

The system will fit the firewall of the 71-73, though the big boosters make it a bit of a tight squeeze.

The only complication on your car that makes it different than the 65-70 cars is that your clutch pedal is offset from the hole in the firewall for the clutch rod, making it necessary to add a small bracket to the pedal to hook up our pedal rod. We have been looking for a local car (Middle Tennessee) to do a test fit and make a turn-key pedal offset, but have yet to find a car (volunteers are welcome :D). Once we have a test car we will be able to include the bracket in the kit. Until then you are on your own, but the piece is just a small piece of steel stock and customers who have used the system so far have had no difficulties with this simple fabrication.

We have fitment for Toploader, Ford T10 (and GM for that matter) HD Toploader, T5, T56 and TKO.

is your clutch cable set up requiring a cable clutch bellhousing? i'm assuming so however.
Unfortunately, the clutch cable systems require a cable bell housing because the pivot stud on a cable set-up is pull-side (opposite side of the input shaft from the fork hole) and the mechanical bells have the stud on the push side, closer to the fork hole. It's hard to pull a mechanical fork, or push a cable fork.

Hello Gents,

Unfortunately, the clutch cable systems require a cable bell housing because the pivot stud on a cable set-up is pull-side (opposite side of the input shaft from the fork hole) and the mechanical bells have the stud on the push side, closer to the fork hole. It's hard to pull a mechanical fork, or push a cable fork.
another reason why i want to take out my MD cable clutch. as it is a push type clutch cable. its mounted to the aft side of the transmission then pushes the fork forward.

i'm more hyped on a hydraulic set up now.

another reason why i want to take out my MD cable clutch. as it is a push type clutch cable. its mounted to the aft side of the transmission then pushes the fork forward.

i'm more hyped on a hydraulic set up now.
Well you can bet that I will post here as soon as we have a test fit done on a local car. I will keep you guys updated.

Hello Gents,

Do i have to come to you to volunteer, I'm in knoxville and the car has plenty of room for you to work. NO motor or tranny installed right now. I believe I talked with Greg today but its been a long day so don't hold me to the name. If its something you are really interested in doing shoot me a PM or email. I'm sure we can work something out. Also from another post my pedals are out of the car right now if you would like to use them for measurements for a repop.

Hello Gents,

Do i have to come to you to volunteer, I'm in knoxville and the car has plenty of room for you to work. NO motor or tranny installed right now. I believe I talked with Greg today but its been a long day so don't hold me to the name. If its something you are really interested in doing shoot me a PM or email. I'm sure we can work something out. Also from another post my pedals are out of the car right now if you would like to use them for measurements for a repop.
We would be happy to use your pedals for a re-pop project. Should not have to have them too long.

On using your car for hydraulic fitment, I don't mind sending someone to Knoxville to do the work, but I am afraid that without our onsite ability to fabricate parts it will be hard to come up with a piece that is a good template for production. Do you have any kind of fabrication ability where the car is stored? Engine out is an exceptional way to do hydraulic master cylinder fitment, so I hope we can work something out.

I will PM you my contact information.

Looks like a potential "WIN-WIN" situation to me:)!!

This is American ingenuity and business acumen at its best. This Company sees a "need" and offers the expertise and labor to bring parts to what is obviously a niche market.

I tell you, it has me thinking about abandoning my pending C6 install for a manual.

Please keep us "in the loop" on the effort!

BT

This is American ingenuity and business acumen at its best. This Company sees a "need" and offers the expertise and labor to bring parts to what is obviously a niche market.

I tell you, it has me thinking about abandoning my pending C6 install for a manual.

BT
Will do I have set a time to contact them this afternoon. So I should no more.................

Hope y'all get it worked out! I sure would like to convert mine to a 5spd / TKO. I am ready to start collecting parts,just not sure on what parts are needed.All I have is the clutch / brake pedal assembly.

BT
Will do I have set a time to contact them this afternoon. So I should no more.................

Mustang 5.jpg

BT

why not, you can go with a toploader or TKO set up? i believe with the toploader set up all you got to do is find the c4 trans cross member. the TKO set up is a AOD cross member.

with both pedals being repopp'ed now, you can just unbolt your brake pedal and add the new pedals in. some people claim to have the bushing for the clutch pedal in an auto assy. if not, you reply about mustang steve being able to install roller bearings.

Hello Gents,

how well is your clutch cable work? hows the price on that? will the cable go out the same hole as the factory rod or will we have to cut a hole for the cable?

Last edited:
OK gents, after much thought and several re-designs the hydraulic system is all worked out except for a test fit, which I am doing in the morning on TNFastback's car. I have a couple of different bracket designs to fit, but both are ones we can produce in quantity within a few days of test fitment. The rest of the components are ready to go, including a really nice form-fitting firewall backing plate that fits in the cover plate that shares space with the clutch rod and the steering column. I will take some pictures when it is in the car.

The way I have it mocked up in our shop I think it is going to be an easy install and no mods to the pedal box.

Will try to post tomorrow evening. I am sure TNFastback will be posting too!

OK gents, after much thought and several re-designs the hydraulic system is all worked out except for a test fit, which I am doing in the morning on TNFastback's car. I have a couple of different bracket designs to fit, but both are ones we can produce in quantity within a few days of test fitment. The rest of the components are ready to go, including a really nice form-fitting firewall backing plate that fits in the cover plate that shares space with the clutch rod and the steering column. I will take some pictures when it is in the car.

The way I have it mocked up in our shop I think it is going to be an easy install and no mods to the pedal box.

Will try to post tomorrow evening. I am sure TNFastback will be posting too!
thanks for the update, you guys are paving the way!

Gray said he will be there in the a.m. so I have to work but it is in good hands with my uncle and cousin. Like he said I will be posting asap. I'm excited. Its the last major piece to this puzzle I call a car.

once he repops the pedals, you can bet alot of members here will be going with his set up.

however, i'll be willing to send him my old automatic pedal thats power disc so he can make the brake pedal for both power and disc or just put both attachment's on the pedal.

once he repops the pedals, you can bet alot of members here will be going with his set up.

however, i'll be willing to send him my old automatic pedal thats power disc so he can make the brake pedal for both power and disc or just put both attachment's on the pedal.
OK, I am leaving for K'ville now, but I couldn't help but post. If we are going to re-pop the pedals your auto pedal would be great to have for reference. 2199 Summerfield Rd, Cookeville, TN 38501.

Careful what you offer, someone might just take you up on it. ;)

Back