Rear Valance with Cut outs

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Current Vehicles:
2010 Mustang GT
2008 Lincoln Navigator
2007 Kawasaki Brute Force 750i 4x4
2006 Kawasaki Brute Force 750i 4x4
2003 Kawasaki Mean Streak 1500
1997 Mercedes SL500 AMG Roadster

Would like to know peoples experiences with regard to the Mach 1 type rear valance with cut outs. Are there any out there made from Ford Tooling?

What have your experiences been from the ones you received? Do they fit perfectly or was modification required?

I'm going to change mine on the coupe to the Mach 1 valance but am hoping to get a high quality one the first time.

Thanks guys for your help!

I used a cheap $100 aftermarket rear cut-out valence on mine and it fit perfectly. In fact , I have used 3 of the aftermarket valences over the years (lots of wrecks, unfortunately) and thay have all fit fine.

about 10 years ago I replaceed the Original rusted Valance with an aftermarket one with the cutouts, and it as a perfict fit no mods requred, then last year I bought one without the cutouts to install and the samething it was a perfict fit.

bot times I got them from Mustangs unlimited.

Q- any idea if the car was quieter, when driving, with the cutouts and a rear facing exhaust? I have dual downturned tips. I have a factory valance with the cutouts and want to install rear tips to lessen the interior sound. It is plenty loud with the 2500stall when i leave a light, would like to reduce the drone when cruising. The mufflers are larger oem style turbo mufflers.

Also, the ford valance i have in a box has the plate bracket welded on. My oem valance without the cutouts has no bracket, just the holes for the plastic nuts. Strange.

Last edited by a moderator:
No difference in sound, my vallance has the cut outs w/ the stock straight chrome tailpipe extentions, I tried turn downs when I first got the car and was testing and reving it alot to make adjustments to carb , etc.

I thought they would quite it during this testing phaze so neibors would not complain, it was just as loud so I returned them.

Back