Your coolest added options on your Mustang ?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Mustang Mach 1 (1973)-351Ci-4V
What are your coolest added options on your Mustang ?

Aftermarket or original items.

Photo's...

I play with the idea of mounting ​​a original Ford F150 truck dual air horn

* just for having fun*

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
What are your coolest added options on your Mustang ?

Aftermarket or original items.

Photo's...

*I play with the idea of ​​a Ford F150 truck dual air horn(chrome roof horn) to mount, just to make

fun*

:D
Oh, I have a lot. The Ram Air, the 4-Speed, the spoilers and the Magnums. Power windows too!

Cruise control, electronic ignition, better sound system, insane levels of sound deadening material ( about 200 lbs, probably), radiator catch-can, much improved suspension springs, shocks, bushings, and sway bars. Better tires, antenna delete ( replaced with electronic hidden antenna,).

Invisible improvements, for the most part.

Dual exhaust, Electronic ignition, stainless steel radiator overflow, and adding an AM- FM radio from a 72 thunderbird so I can have 4 speaker output and still have the stock look.

sent from my Samsung SIII via TapTalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Signature lists some. Tripower is probably 'the coolest'. Not only cool looking but took the most time collecting parts and making it all work.

I really like the Ram Air hood. (non-functional). The car came with the standard hood, my wife lobbied to keep the standard hood but I insisted on the ram hood. Pain to find, it was before the internet and aftermarket. I had to look at the local paper parting out and the 'penny saver'. So not only does it look cool but I had to 'fight' to find it.

Other cool swap outs include the tilt steering. (again before the internet) and my Mach 1 had full guages which now live on in the convertible.

The 14" cragar super sports are cool only because I bought them for the Mach 1 over 30 years ago and still have them. Unfortunatly I will probably replace them on the next tire go around.

We will see how cool the gear vendors overdrive I have attached to the rear of the c6 is. Hopefully today, sometime between church and the super bowl I hope to finally take it for a test drive.

Picking the coolest is really hard...so I listed my top 10 (is that cheating?) :D I'm only listing the mods that I have either already added or have on hand to complete my rebuild. Too many others I really want but just need to get my car on the road first!

In no particular order...

1. Bad ass exhaust system - Hooker Competition ceramic headers with Pypes dual Street Pro dual exhaust system, Violator mufflers, and 3.5" MBRP dual wall exhaust tips. Oh and can't forget the stage 8 locking bolt kits and new rear valance with cut-outs.

2. Upgraded sound - Custom Autosound USA-630 Stereo with 5 speakers including Undercover II's complete with antenna delete (hidden)

3. Complete gauge overhaul - converted to New Vintage electronic speedometer/tach and added center gauges all custom fit

4. Ram-air hood (non-functional) and front and rear spoilers

5. 140 amp alternator and db Electrical high torque mini starter

6. Modified Lighting - Sequential taillights and multi-color LED Halo headlights

7. Electronic ignition

8. 1 1/8" Sway bars

9. 18" Torq-Thrust II wheels and Nitto tires

10. Full center console complete with clock restoration (quartz)

Forced to pick...my two favorites I think would be the ram-air hood and new wheels because they most dramatically changed (improved!!!) the look of my 'vert!

Cheers!

John

Definitely the Edelbrock carb and air cleaner.

2ngz9j6.jpg

Of course, that's just because I haven't gotten to the ratchet shifter and decent brakes yet.

images

ohhhh that would be the cam..... well no ...not the cam....well the 30 over bore....no.... not the bore... maybe it is the cam...... well but the shift kit is cool...well not as cool as the 3:89 gears.... well .......

Hard to say since I haven't gotten the car back on the road yet. My thoughts when I started was to maintain the original looks but bring it up to todays standards performance wise. If I chose I would say the drivetrain mods, 3.89 rear, overdrive and engine work.

-jbojo

Kimball, to Oliver at Oliver's farm: "Say, who's place is this anyway?"

Oliver (exasperated):"Oh, for..."

Kimball:"That's right, its the Ofer place!"

Probably one of the all-time cosistently funniest TV show sever made. I love it.

Last edited:
Back