• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Looking for a fan shroud

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am looking for an original fan shroud in great condition. Mine appears to be the wrong size and have no background on where this one came from because of it being on there from one of the previous owners. It just doesnt appear to fit right, too much gap on one of the sides. Anyways, if you happen to have one in great condition please let me know and message me how much. A 1972 mach1 non AC.

Thanks in advance.

Do you have a 302 or a 351C? I should have both and can check this weekend.

I am looking for an original fan shroud in great condition. Mine appears to be the wrong size and have no background on where this one came from because of it being on there from one of the previous owners. It just doesnt appear to fit right, too much gap on one of the sides. Anyways, if you happen to have one in great condition please let me know and message me how much. A 1972 mach1 non AC.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks in advance.
Thanks, 351 Cleveland

Thanks in advance.
Thanks, 351 Cleveland
I have a couple of originals if Mike doesn't set you up

I have two 351C fan shrouds - one is a 73 (D3ZE-8146-AA) for a 351 w/AC, and the other is a 71/72 D0OE-8146-C for non AC. Here is a picture of the D0OE.

Thanks in advance.
Thanks, 351 Cleveland
View attachment 18790

View attachment 18791

View attachment 18792

Here is the shroud cleaned (see pictures). It did not come out like a new one, in fact there are dull spots and lighter colors on it from it having undercoating and other things on it over the years. Did you want it that way or would you like me to try a light coat of satin black on it?

Thanks in advance.
Thanks, 351 Cleveland
View attachment 18897

View attachment 18898

View attachment 18899

View attachment 18900

Here is the shroud with color on it to match it close to the original. Let me know if this works for you. Mike

Thanks in advance.
Thanks, 351 Cleveland
View attachment 18923

View attachment 18924

View attachment 18925

Wow, great looking fan shrouds -- I need one for a 71 302 with AC.

Last edited by a moderator:
What color and brand of paint did you use to achieve that finish?

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Let me run down to the garage and check on a 71 302 w/AC. Will get a picture this weekend. Mike

I actually used a satin black, but put a light coat on it to put a sheen on it and keep some of the dark brown under it. The bottom half is darker only because it had more weathering to it than the top half.

What color and brand of paint did you use to achieve that finish?

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Chris, Hit the garage today and do have a 302 with AC, but it is in a 73 Mustang so it will have a D3 part number on it. I don't have any specific 71/72s with AC, just the other 302 without AC. Did you want a 73 part number on it?

I have a NICE Spare for a 351C w/Air if that will work for you.

Back