Know Your VIN#?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 mustang Mach 1, 429CJ, J Code SOLD 3/2016

1971 Boss 351 Mustang
Medium Yellow Gold
From Kim Miller Collection
I know my VIN# by heart. Did not intentionally memorize it but I just know it. I also know the license number of my first Mach 1 from 1972, 42 years ago.

So, do you just know your VIN without looking or am I just obsessed with my Stang?

Last edited by a moderator:
Too many to remember.....

The 1F05M is not hard to remember ...the last 6 digits shouldn't be that hard either.

I bet most of us know to enter our credit card details from memory when buying stuff online and that's a lot longer string.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know 2F03F and that's it.

But I don't know my credit card number either.

I do remember my first car's license tag which was "M8883". Later I got a personalized plate that j have been using for about 20 years now. I forgot the ones in between those two plates. Except for my mark 1 Toyota MR2 that had "MR201".

Yep. I viewed and wrote my VIN so many times during the laborious process of getting the car through the first registration in Oz that it's become indelibly burnt into my retinas.

No and sometimes can't remember my own age...and not by choice either. But if it's a real important situation and needs remembered, I will never forget it. go figure

I know the first part "1F05H," but the last 6 digits... a little fuzzy.

Now, old plate numbers of my favorite vehicles (first plates when purchased, usually)... yeah - no problem.

1982 Mustang: New Mexico - JMD*171

1985 Nissan 4x4: Utah - 6156 CK

1980 Jeep CJ-7: Texas - RTH 25R

1997 Dodge Ram: Texas - 1ZD R47

Those plates are all now hanging on my wall in the garage... along with a bunch of others from other 'less-favorite' vehicles.

Back