what made you smile today.

SPAIN72MUSTANG

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What made me smile today was it is my Fifth Wedding Anniversary. I am not getting all gooey on you guys because my anniversary present was the money to buy all of my new steering components! I purchased a kit from laurel mountain mustang that had everything I needed minus the pitman arm, so happy to finally have new steering components on the way so I can have a proper alignment and enjoy my drives! I have the best wife ever!

1_12_09_14_10_32_45.png

- Nik

What made me smile today was it is my Fifth Wedding Anniversary. I am not getting all gooey on you guys because my anniversary present was the money to buy all of my new steering components! I purchased a kit from laurel mountain mustang that had everything I needed minus the pitman arm, so happy to finally have new steering components on the way so I can have a proper alignment and enjoy my drives! I have the best wife ever!

Congratulations on all counts

happy anniversary

DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT*****KEEP YOUR FOOT ON THE PEDAL

Ron

1972 mustang convertible

2005 mustang convertible

1999 mustang convertible white (sold)

1994 mustang convertible white (sold)

2008 ford edge copper

2006 cadillac cts radaint bronze

• 2 weeks later...

okay so about Janurary my 16 yr old tells me she wants to go on a mission w/church to Canada to assist with their youth groups, this will be her 6th in 5 years. So about 6 weeks ago i was teasing her "hey they need any volunteers to go to Canada"

after about 2 hours she comes back I had forgotten all about it. She says hey Dad will you go with me to "Bounce" an organization to rebuild houses for the poor that were flooded back in Oct. 2013! Well its in Austin....I've BEEN to Austin...I've BEEN in the heat..... well of course I went and the smiles and thank you's I got from her made me smile.

today is her first of 10 days in Canada!!! The happiness is UNBELIEVABLE and they will be rewarded after the work is complete with tours of JASPER . Most of the kids have worked hard for 5 years in the most poor of texas New Mexico and Oklahoma with a thank you which is always enough. They will be getting up at 5 and wont stop working as the operations crew running the camp, even th cooking till about 10 or 11 pm. But they get a little bit of a reward this time.

spirit-island-jasper-national-park_36744_600x450.jpg

67 Diamond Blue Vert

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRveIaRU6OAzTfd2Mv6ypGH49BZcPU7MS_7PBKhiOmpmJJrHJ_B_Q

DUDE

LOL even my sig line offended somebody!

rpm, nice! My 16 year old just came back from a missions trip to St Maarten. She went with mom and grandma and they spent the week teaching VBS and helping at an orphanage. Glad the daughter are not turning out like the dad, I tend to be cynical and mean-spirited (especially talking politics). She is the opposite of that.

okay so about Janurary my 16 yr old tells me she wants to go on a mission w/church to Canada to assist with their youth groups, this will be her 6th in 5 years. So about 6 weeks ago i was teasing her "hey they need any volunteers to go to Canada"

after about 2 hours she comes back I had forgotten all about it. She says hey Dad will you go with me to "Bounce" an organization to rebuild houses for the poor that were flooded back in Oct. 2013! Well its in Austin....I've BEEN to Austin...I've BEEN in the heat..... well of course I went and the smiles and thank you's I got from her made me smile.

today is her first of 10 days in Canada!!! The happiness is UNBELIEVABLE and they will be rewarded after the work is complete with tours of JASPER . Most of the kids have worked hard for 5 years in the most poor of texas New Mexico and Oklahoma with a thank you which is always enough. They will be getting up at 5 and wont stop working as the operations crew running the camp, even th cooking till about 10 or 11 pm. But they get a little bit of a reward this time.

spirit-island-jasper-national-park_36744_600x450.jpg

That's really cool. These types of activities build character in our kids, something that is sorely missed in a lot of them today. These are experiences that she'll remember forever.

PS. that is a really cool pic of the lake and mountains.

-john

(jbojo)

351C 4V cc heads, 10.5 : 1 CR, 290 Herbert cam, Flat top forged pistons, forged connecting rods, Atomic efi,

C6 with Gear Vendor overdrive, 3.89 Tru Trac, Hooker Super Comp with 2 1/2" Pypes Exhaust.        

Some Mod pictures can be seen at: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=2026]Bojo's Garage[/button]

rpm, nice! My 16 year old just came back from a missions trip to St Maarten. She went with mom and grandma and they spent the week teaching VBS and helping at an orphanage. Glad the daughter are not turning out like the dad, I tend to be cynical and mean-spirited (especially talking politics). She is the opposite of that.

yeah me too Grandeklar.... I am a little more cynical ....well a LOT more as it comes to politics for sure. But my child is well balanced understanding politics but kind hearted and works opposed to other kids I witnessed which I'm proud of. She has so much construction understanding that I had NO CLUE she could do. She was very attentive and in tune with getting work done.

jbojo, the pic unfortunately is a "file" pic not one she's had an opportunity to take yet. The kids started arriving today so she is working.

67 Diamond Blue Vert

DUDE

• 2 months later...

The realization, finally might have answers to under performance issue and get the car back which has been off the road in modifications and corrections.....@ 2 years now.

1_12_09_14_11_07_03.png

Learned last night that my 17 may have a slight shot at a swimming scholarship. Its a long shot .... but she is faster than their best breast stroker and 2 seconds behind the freestyler and well within reach of the IM by 3 seconds faster.

Now for us drag racers 3 seconds is a LONG way..... approximately a half body length. If she maintains or makes some improvement, there is a chance. The exciting thing is SHE is exited and showing interest.

67 Diamond Blue Vert

DUDE

• 1 month later...

what made me smile today is i got my new fuel tank,i heard the fedx truck and new it was here and just couldn;t stop smileing.

can ID on the tank but mine needs is baffles as it is for my EFI system

1_12_09_14_11_07_03.png