Motorcraft parts

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 red convertible 351 4 V
There still a lot of OEM parts around. I just picked up a new points condenser, rotor, and cap for 351 4V. You can also still pick up type F fluid from Motorcraft.

John J

Photo keeps posting upside down. I can't figure out why.

IMG_0230 12.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to own a 1930 Model A Ford. As late as '83, when I sold it, I could still get Motorcraft points and condensers for it. Do any of you out there remember getting a Motorcraft Tune-Up Kit in a cardboard can? Working in a Union 76 gas station just out of high school, we stocked them. Of course, the older model cars were infinately easier to stock tune-up parts for. If you had a Ford, the V-8s all took the same cap, rotor, points, and condenser. GM used to be the same deal, whether or not you had a Cad, Chevy, Buick, Olds, Pontiac, whatever,....as long as it was a V-8, it took the same cap, rotor, points, and condenser. As electronic, pointless, and HEI ignitions came into play, things got more complicated...sometimes the distributor caps could change year to year. Today, most new vehicles are using crank-triggered coil-on-plug, high output, computerized ignitions.

After owning my '71 for a short while, I got tired of changing out the points, and added a Pertronix trigger system to my distributor ( and companion coil ), the trigger does the job perfectly, looks factory as it is hidden inside the stock distributor cap, and is a nice upgrade without removing the original ignition.

Latest posts

Back