What did you do to your car today?

droptop73

Installed a wind screen. Needs a little tweaking, but hope to take for a test drive tomorrow.

P6060037.jpg

P1010038.jpg

P4040043.jpg

P4040042.jpg

P4040047.jpg

P4040045.jpg

P4040048.jpg

73 ragtop, 1999 Mustang Bright Atlantic Blue Paint, Phoenix Engine 302-335HP,  Edelbrock Carb & Performer manifold; c4 with 2000 stall and shiftkit; 3:55 auburn limited slip differential, Hedman shorties; Car Chemistry Exhaust

Classic Air; Tilt Steering Wheel; 1999 Chrysler Sebring bucket Seats ; power windows;

Looks nice.

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

Done with the "reduced" punch list. It is ready for a test drive sometime this week.

20160929_171923_edit2_small.jpg

1971 M-Code Mach 1 w/Ram Air, 408 stroker, 285/291 0.558" roller cam, Blue Thunder intake, TKO600, Hooker headers with electric cut-offs, FiTech EFI w/ RobBMC PowerSurge pump

Strange center section with Truetrac, 3.5 gear and 31 spline axles, 4-wheel disc brakes

Looks very nice. The British Racing Green looks good on it.

Don, Sir... apologies to correct ...but that is his original "Grabber Green" #5002 in the Ford colour chart.  

Boy what an ass I've become since getting this car :huh: .. I get to buy one of these beauties and it's turned me into a pedantic putz. ..sorry  ::thumb::

sig2.jpg

Enjoy's searching out 71-73 history

Finished up the "back half" restoration on my truck. Cleaned out all the junk that accumulates over the years and gave it a proper bath. almost like driving a new one now. Changed the plugs and wires that were original '07 parts with 120k on them. Later in the year I'm going to strip the front end off and have it blasted and will install all new suspension bits as I can feel some play up there, not to mention some of the parts look like they've been resting with the Titanic since 1912. Damn CTDOT and the brine they use for deicing.

IMAG3694.jpg

IMAG3689.jpg

IMAG3679.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Removed the dash and heater box.  Broke the drain spout off the box.  Repaired the broken spout with fiberglass.  Replaced the heater core. Reassembled the box.  Re-installed the heater/AC box.

Also.  Bought and distributed 10 bags of wet mulch. Planted 3 plants for the wife. Picked up son from School/Tennis, Took daughter to Volleyball practice.

kcmash

Had a very busy car weekend. Spent a fair amount of time cleaning up the garage and reorganizing stuff. Replaced the trunk weatherstrip, it had started to come unglued after 13 years. Put a new Carpenter repop in, fit as expected.

Also put the PS pump and pulleys back in to finish up the power steering system. Got it topped off with Type F and took it for a drive. Going to take a while to get used to the 12.7:1 quick ratio box coming from the 5 turn barge steering of the manual box. My town is all windy tight back roads that were a real chore.

Also went to my friend's house today and got his 400 lit off in a 71 Challenger. i's a 71 block with the Trick Flow hydraulic roller cam, aluminum heads & intake, etc. Engine was built by a local guy and it's first pull was at 520hp, he won't tell me the real numbers after they fully tuned it...

• 3 weeks later...

Removed the dash and heater box.  Broke the drain spout off the box.  Repaired the broken spout with fiberglass.  Replaced the heater core. Reassembled the box.  Re-installed the heater/AC box.

Also.  Bought and distributed 10 bags of wet mulch. Planted 3 plants for the wife. Picked up son from School/Tennis, Took daughter to Volleyball practice.

kcmash

I hope you pressure tested the new heater core before you installed. I have found two bad ones right out of the box. One was NOS made in U.S.A..

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

kcmash

I hope you pressure tested the new heater core before you installed. I have found two bad ones right out of the box. One was NOS made in U.S.A..

I did NOT pressure test it.  I was disappointed that the one I took out of the car had leaked, but I did learn something.  I read that the old brass and solder design that came with our cars will suffer galvanic corrosion if siting dry and not being protected by the anti-freeze mixture.  

I bought my replacement as another brass/solder unit from Rock Auto.  I immediately loaded the system with an antifreeze mixture.

How do you do a pressure test on an open unit?

kcmash

So far today I replaced the 8.2mm plug wires with 7mm wires to clean up the engine bay.

( I have a nice new (1-2 hour run time) set of Accel wires for sale now)

Hoping to get a little more done.

kcmash

kcmash

I did NOT pressure test it.  I was disappointed that the one I took out of the car had leaked, but I did learn something.  I read that the old brass and solder design that came with our cars will suffer galvanic corrosion if siting dry and not being protected by the anti-freeze mixture.  

I bought my replacement as another brass/solder unit from Rock Auto.  I immediately loaded the system with an antifreeze mixture.

How do you do a pressure test on an open unit?

kcmash

Seal both ends and pump air into it while it is submersed in a bucket of water. Bubbles = bad.

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

I excitedly decided to I stall the Concourse correct power steering hose that came from NPD.  Open the package to find one of the foam I insulators torn, smashed my thumb loosening the old one, put the new one I  and fastened to the gear box then discovered that the pump side of the hose is all wrong and hits the exhaust manifold. 

When every single reproduction part is wrong it's a wonder if I will ever be driving this thing.

20190602-130827.jpg

The pressure hose does not connect directly to the pump. There's an "S" shaped outlet adapter tube that's installed between the hose and pump. See these threads:

https://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-correct-351c-power-steering-hoses?

https://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-power-steering-hose-pain?

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.”

--Albert Einstein

The pressure hose does not connect directly to the pump. There's an "S" shaped outlet adapter tube that's installed between the hose and pump. See these threads:

OK Don, you win!

Can you PM me a quote for an S tube Connector and some of that insulator foam.  It looks like my original hose is the one thing I finally threw out.

kcmash

OK Don, you win!

Can you PM me a quote for an S tube Connector and some of that insulator foam.  It looks like my original hose is the one thing I finally threw out.

kcmash

Wrong Don, you need OMS Don :)

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.”

--Albert Einstein

Sorry for hijacking this thread but where can one find that foam insulator hose? Thanks!

National Parts Depot for the hose I bought with the insulator.