351 4v ( 408 and TKX )

• 1 month later...

What I've been working on lately.

Installed the front wiring harness.

Pulled down from the rafters the dash and interior trim parts. Very happy with condition of the parts considering I have not looked at the parts in 20 years.  :D 

The wife and I installed the headliner.  What a pain in the ass that was.IMG-2450.jpgIMG-2449.jpgIMG-2458.jpgIMG-2460.jpg  

- Mike

It looks really good, it’s installed nicely!! :)

Daniel ::thumb::

Pro-Touring 1973 Mustang named ''Creator'' ... :P

Under construction!!

[The wife and I installed the headliner. What a pain in the ass that was.]

I hope you mean the headliner and not the cooperation :))

I need somewhere next year to fab/sew one, how does it holds up? Same as on coupe's where there is a metal transversal bar/tube and the headliner hangs on them?

Keep up the nice work!

73 modified Grande 351C. (Finally back on the road woohoo!) 

71 429CJ. ( In progress )

On your headliner install. A heat gun or hair dryer usually will help get any puckers or wrinkles out. On the assembly line they had couple of people that would snap in the bows and then others worked on getting the ends wrapped around the front rear and sides. They were not perfect when new for sure.

Progress should start to speed up now.

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

• 2 months later...

Time for the slow progress report.  Been working on getting the interior installed. Starting with the back panel and package tray. Then came the sail panels. Clean and painted the quarter window regulators from a coupe. Then install,that was to easy. Moved on to installing roof rail moldings and weatherstrip. Up next is the quarter glass and install.

IMG_2461.thumb.JPG.1155ce220beef82a07f5771567eefa7b.JPG

IMG_2462.thumb.JPG.ebdc82c4ceecb77e03a5839263f3458b.JPG

IMG_2463.thumb.JPG.86ca6437adbc2b338ba0ea83fe3ec912.JPG

IMG_2464.thumb.JPG.d07d28e59e39a524df5e68f1352c0e24.JPG

IMG_2466.thumb.JPG.333790b3d277a5131bdb5b0131e9e4c1.JPG

IMG_2468.thumb.JPG.f10ff4c1c70f01bc83676956ffa9bde5.JPG

IMG_2487.thumb.JPG.89fe117d9c508b0576e80bf42127380f.JPG

IMG_2486.thumb.JPG.f5ceecae4bfe4f6c0265b71bfb0bcc11.JPG

IMG_2489.thumb.JPG.ed686ccd9b34c75b59884d2a3006ef73.JPG

IMG_2483.thumb.JPG.5089bc261a090a775299e0e47ac109a3.JPG

IMG_2491.thumb.JPG.dce4d040b83eba37a58da16cdc17993f.JPG

IMG_2485.thumb.JPG.5c3cd7c7b9eb8bafa064aa1def07133b.JPG

- Mike

Looking fantastic.

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

In Africa when you climb Mr. Kilimanjaro which is about 48 miles they have a word or saying. Paule paule, might be spelled correct but means slow and steady. You will get there for sure. 

Now you will know every part in the car. You for sure will get others inspired to get going. 

With this virus we might all get more time in the garage.

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

Time for the slow progress report.  Been working on getting the interior installed. Starting with the back panel and package tray. Then came the sail panels. Clean and painted the quarter window regulators from a coupe. Then install,that was to easy. Moved on to installing roof rail moldings and weatherstrip. Up next is the quarter glass and install.

You have come a long way in the past year!  Nice job sir.

I will have some questions for ya on the qrt windows. Also the headliner now that your a pro.

I picked up a complete set with regulators off of a 71 cougar xr7. When I pulled them I didnt have a smart phone and didnt think of bringing a camera to take some pics.

Looks really good...... you should be proud to garage that car!

Rod and Sally

I love this thread. I appreciate all of the fantastic pictures you have posted. Its always great to have a road map on a project like this, and this thread is a great one.

"I drank what?" - Socrates

Sweet!  That's what I did - bought something like 6 cans of the SEM Metallic Black for all the trim pieces.  I think I have about a can-and-a-half left, but I never ran short... which was all that mattered to me at the time.

Something else I did before installing the headliner was to put all of the trim fasteners, visor mount screws, upper seat belt bolts, and the old dome light fixture in their respective places, with about 3 threads showing on each, so I could feel the exact locations through the headliner to know where to make the incisions.  Took all the guesswork out of it, but none of the nerves though... I was still puckering each time I put the Xacto knife to the material. ;)

Eric

mach1sig2.gif

I love this thread. I appreciate all of the fantastic pictures you have posted.  Its always great to have a road map on a project like this, and this thread is a great one.

Thank you.

- Mike

Sweet!  That's what I did - bought something like 6 cans of the SEM Metallic Black for all the trim pieces.  I think I have about a can-and-a-half left, but I never ran short... which was all that mattered to me at the time.

Something else I did before installing the headliner was to put all of the trim fasteners, visor mount screws, upper seat belt bolts, and the old dome light fixture in their respective places, with about 3 threads showing on each, so I could feel the exact locations through the headliner to know where to make the incisions.  Took all the guesswork out of it, but none of the nerves though... I was still puckering each time I put the Xacto knife to the material. ;)

Eric I did the six cans on your lead. I did the screws under the headliner as well.

- Mike

You have come a long way in the past year!  Nice job sir.

I will have some questions for ya on the qrt windows. Also the headliner now that your a pro.

I picked up a complete set with regulators off of a 71 cougar xr7. When I pulled them I didnt have a smart phone and didnt think of bringing a camera to take some pics.

Looks really good...... you should be proud to garage that car!

Rod and Sally

Thanks Rod!  Give me a call when you do the quarter glass.

- Mike

Hi Mike,

Ive been using Marhyde black satin trim coat #3811 a 3 m product. Its pretty expensive $12.00 a can. Looks really good on my firewall and engine bay. It tough as well. Is it similar to the sem metalic black?

Also did you guys take any pics of the headliner install? Im curious what it looks like in there? and how its held together and such.

keep up the good work!

Rod and Sally

Hi Mike,

Ive been using Marhyde black satin trim coat #3811 a 3 m product. Its pretty expensive $12.00 a can.  Looks really good on my firewall and engine bay. It tough as well. Is it similar to the sem metalic black?

Also did you guys take any pics of the headliner install? Im curious what it looks like in there? and how its held together and such.

keep up the good work!

Rod and Sally

Sorry Rod no deal tailed pics of the install.

- Mike

Eric I did the six cans on your lead. I did the screws under the headliner as well.

Cool!  That makes me feel like I might've actually helped out a bit - so glad to be a part of the team! ::thumb::

Eric

mach1sig2.gif

Hi Mike,

Ive been using Marhyde black satin trim coat #3811 a 3 m product. Its pretty expensive $12.00 a can.  Looks really good on my firewall and engine bay. It tough as well. Is it similar to the sem metalic black?

keep up the good work!

Rod and Sally

Not to steal any of Mike's thunder, but check out this article: http://www.mustangandfords.com/how-to/interior-electrical/headliner-install

There are also a handful of helpful threads on the site regarding the headliner installation.  This one was the most helpful to me when I did mine back in 2014: https://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-headlining-installation

Eric

mach1sig2.gif

• mach71351c changed the title to 351 4v ( 408 and TKX )