1972 Convertible

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Digger

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Convertible
Hi, new to this forum. Have a '72 convertible that I have been working on for the past year. 302, I have added GT40 heads, Edelrock intake and 600cfm carb, long tube headers and electronic ignition. As for the body I pretty much replaced all the interior and some suspension parts. Not a total restoration but it is a great looking daily driver. Pictures will follow.

Digger

Mustang.jpg

Greetings and welcome from Phoenix. 'hood treatments' can be a hot topic around here. I am digging the look your hood has. It's kind of Moparish but works really well with the scoops and the interior.

Y

Welcome to another vert, greetings
from upstate New York.

::welcome:: from San Antonio! I came close to a similar hood treatment on my '72 vert but ended up going another direction.

I look forward to seeing more pics!

John

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from West Texas! Sweet - let's see some more pics!! ::thumb::

Welcome from coastal Alabama. Be sure to drop a pin on our member map under the fun stuff tab at the top of the page.

::welcome:: to the forum from Luxembourg, Europe.

72 vert is cool... but then, I may be partial. :)

Hi, All!! I'm new here as well.

I owned a 1972 mustang coupe in high school, but always wanted a convertible - love those top rib lines! Many years ago, I aquired another Mustang coupe and a totally rotted convertible and the project began. I proceeded to cut all the critical components from the convertible and adapt them to the coupe. Windshield frame, rear bulkhead, well, seat platforms, underbelly reinforcement pans, etc. At the time, not many pieces were being popped for the 71 - 73 crowd, so I saw this as a challenge. The inner rockers were re - popped, so I did order them and welded them into the modified torque boxes and floor pans. Once the foundation was completed, the project slowed immensley as family, finances and work took priority. If I got 2 hrs a month, for my car, I was lucky. Metal and welding were cheap for me, as I hire nothing out, but the costs for the parts to complete kept me at a very slow pace. I learned everything as I went along, through trial and error, to I've reached the point that I am at now.

The top is fully fuctional (hydraulic), and fitted by myself and fiance (she loved the air stapler). Power is made by a 5.0 Roller block with the 351 DOOE heads and AOD trans. Car was painted by myself inside a makeshift spraybooth (party tent - background Avatar) at my brothers house. Shaved handles with remote door openers and third brake light in trunk lid complete the body mods. Factory A/C installed this past summer as well as guage cluster mod. and interior restoration . Much more to go, yet. Many new parts still in boxes - I can't wait to get to them!!

083.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back