1973 Coupe report

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
'73 Coupe 302 Auto
Wasn't surprised by the original paint or interior. Though it's (mostly) black now there are several places where the original colors are showing. I was surprised by how well optioned it was - convenience group (my 70 sportsroof also had that), decor group, air conditioning, etc. Almost none of that is still on the car. I do see wiring for the trunk light but there's no working key or light buzzer, seat actuators aren't working (if they're even still in place), aircon is gone, exterior trim (besides rear bumper guards) is gone as well. I'd love to add a lot of it back in, cost (and existing wiring?) allowing. 3F01F189620

Attachments

• 3F01F189620_stdrpt.pdf
    227.8 KB · Views: 5
Wasn't surprised by the original paint or interior. Though it's (mostly) black now there are several places where the original colors are showing. I was surprised by how well optioned it was - convenience group (my 70 sportsroof also had that), decor group, air conditioning, etc. Almost none of that is still on the car. I do see wiring for the trunk light but there's no working key or light buzzer, seat actuators aren't working (if they're even still in place), aircon is gone, exterior trim (besides rear bumper guards) is gone as well. I'd love to add a lot of it back in, cost (and existing wiring?) allowing.
That is a nicely optioned coupe! You can find the missing parts but patience and persistence are required. Check @Doug's 73 Mach1 ads in the classifieds on here; he has had some of these option items listed.
The buzzers may still be in place but just not working. The warning buzzer in my car stopped working decades ago but will occasionally sound off. You may want to explore under the dash sometime and see if yours is still there.
Keep us posted on your progress!

Many people would unplug or remove the buzzers as they were annoying. You can drop the relay panel above the glove box to see if it's still present. Same with the seat back release actuators, they may have been unplugged in an attempt to disable the seat belt warning system.

73_relay_panel glovebox.jpg

That is a nicely optioned coupe! You can find the missing parts but patience and persistence are required. Check @Doug's 73 Mach1 ads in the classifieds on here; he has had some of these option items listed.
The buzzers may still be in place but just not working. The warning buzzer in my car stopped working decades ago but will occasionally sound off. You may want to explore under the dash sometime and see if yours is still there.
Keep us posted on your progress!
Thanks!

Many people would unplug or remove the buzzers as they were annoying. You can drop the relay panel above the glove box to see if it's still present. Same with the seat back release actuators, they may have been unplugged in an attempt to disable the seat belt warning system.

View attachment 82753
This is fantastic, thank you!

Back