351 4v ( 408 and TKX )

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fantastic thread, and I only read through the even pages.  Imagine what I'll learn when I go back and go through the odd ones.

Just outstanding work and you keep a dang nice and clean shop.  Bravo.

This is a what, five? six? year effort now?  You should make a book out of it once you get to the end because there seems to be nothing you have not encountered.
Thanks for checking out my build. Doing a full restoration in a small 2 car garage you have to keep a clean shop. Just don't have room for clutter. I may not clean up at the end of the day but I will before I start again.

5-6 years I wish!!  This thanksgiving will be 9 years since I took it apart.  :mad:  A full time wife,house,job and off-road hobby has put the project on the back burner too many times. I feel like I'm 2 years behind and realistically have 2 more to go. Hopefully sooner.

dunebuggy2.jpg

Keep up the good work Mike, you’ll get it done. I’m going on 13 yrs for for Mach. Ryan

Progress to report!  :cool:

Reinstalled the fuel tank. Removed it to paint the lower black,didn't want to get any over spray on it plus I thought it would be better out of my way while installing the 9 inch and it was.

Installed the rear wiring harness.

Installed the rear valance.

Restored the license plate light and installed new rear bumper.

Reinstalled the rear spoiler buffing out a slight scratch that just some how just showed up on the trunk. :chin:

IMG_2439.JPG

IMG_2440.JPG

IMG_2441.JPG

IMG_2443.JPG

Looking great!

Seeing your update reminds me I need to go through your pages again (for tech tips), as we are finding more "stuff" that needs fixin'.

I'm about to buy a set of wheel dollies. I'm thinking two non-locking and two locking (not sure on "levelness" of floor). Any recommendations? We have a H.F. locally.

Looking great!

Seeing your update reminds me I need to go through your pages again (for tech tips), as we are finding more "stuff" that needs fixin'.

I'm about to buy a set of wheel dollies. I'm thinking two non-locking and two locking (not sure on "levelness" of floor). Any recommendations? We have a H.F. locally.
Good morning Brett, The dollies are H.F .   They work OK. If you look close at the right rear you will see skid marks on the floor. One caster is locked up. The car still rolls OK with the stuck caster. I think I set the break one time and it never released. Typical H.F. . I still recommend them for the $$.

Some times I wish I could leave the car in the middle of the garage but the wife's 13 convertible MUST be parked inside at night.  :D

IMG_2443.JPG

What I've been working on lately.

Installed the front wiring harness.

Pulled down from the rafters the dash and interior trim parts. Very happy with condition of the parts considering I have not looked at the parts in 20 years.  :D 

The wife and I installed the headliner.  What a pain in the ass that was.   

Last edited by a moderator:
[The wife and I installed the headliner. What a pain in the ass that was.]

I hope you mean the headliner and not the cooperation :))

I need somewhere next year to fab/sew one, how does it holds up? Same as on coupe's where there is a metal transversal bar/tube and the headliner hangs on them?

Keep up the nice work!

On your headliner install. A heat gun or hair dryer usually will help get any puckers or wrinkles out. On the assembly line they had couple of people that would snap in the bows and then others worked on getting the ends wrapped around the front rear and sides. They were not perfect when new for sure.

Progress should start to speed up now.

Time for the slow progress report.  Been working on getting the interior installed. Starting with the back panel and package tray. Then came the sail panels. Clean and painted the quarter window regulators from a coupe. Then install,that was to easy. Moved on to installing roof rail moldings and weatherstrip. Up next is the quarter glass and install.

IMG_2461.JPG

IMG_2462.JPG

IMG_2463.JPG

IMG_2464.JPG

IMG_2466.JPG

IMG_2468.JPG

IMG_2487.JPG

IMG_2486.JPG

IMG_2489.JPG

IMG_2483.JPG

IMG_2491.JPG

IMG_2485.JPG

In Africa when you climb Mr. Kilimanjaro which is about 48 miles they have a word or saying. Paule paule, might be spelled correct but means slow and steady. You will get there for sure. 

Now you will know every part in the car. You for sure will get others inspired to get going. 

With this virus we might all get more time in the garage.

Time for the slow progress report.  Been working on getting the interior installed. Starting with the back panel and package tray. Then came the sail panels. Clean and painted the quarter window regulators from a coupe. Then install,that was to easy. Moved on to installing roof rail moldings and weatherstrip. Up next is the quarter glass and install.
You have come a long way in the past year!  Nice job sir.

I will have some questions for ya on the qrt windows. Also the headliner now that your a pro.

I picked up a complete set with regulators off of a 71 cougar xr7. When I pulled them I didnt have a smart phone and didnt think of bringing a camera to take some pics.

Looks really good...... you should be proud to garage that car!

Rod and Sally

Last edited by a moderator:
Back