351 4v ( 408 and TKX )

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lookin better with each day! I am close to starting body work, got a 429 for free from a buddy, so now I just need to get everything going. Still saving up for an air compressor.

Moving on to the drivers door. Knowing that my original door had some rust the plan was to use the drivers door from my 72 Mach 1 parts car. After pulling the door and getting it home I notice that the 72 door had allot of stress cracks where the window regulator bolted to the door. Too bad rust wise its in pretty good shape. So I decided to go with my original door because the original door sticker is in perfect shape.

Ok on to the rust repair. I first cut the rust out and sand blasted the inside of the door. Not wanting to cut up the 72 Mach door I cut the piece out the pink Coupes door I striped last year. This door was pretty beat up but was rust free. With the bottom lip of original door being still good I did a combo of welding and panel adhesive to install the patch panel. A little filler and some primer the patch came out good I must say. From their I sand blasted the hinges and re installed the door.

door 024.jpg

door 017.jpg

door 019.jpg

door 030.jpg

door 026.jpg

door 027.jpg

door 031.jpg

door 033.jpg

door 042.jpg

door 043.jpg

door 044.jpg

door 038.jpg

door 047.jpg

door 048.jpg

It's looking fantastic! This is one of those motivational threads that makes me want to skip other projects I have going on and jump back onto my Machs. Well done!

Wow, read through this thread. That is a lot of thorough work you are doing. You will have to save a lot of these pictures- when you go to cruises you can bring a nice thick album of the work you did. I really like the rotisserie that you made. Good thing you have a fairly large working area. My two-car garage would not be able to handle this amount of work if I ever needed to do this.

Really looking forward to seeing the final product, but lets not get ahead of ourselves. Rushing is never a good thing. Keep up you great work.

I just want to mention, there are a lot of handy people on this thread. I never came across this type of work on a forum so often. Between this and the big-body mustang thread (and countless others) I am amazed.

Wow! Amazing work. I can't wait to get to that portion of my 71 coupe. I'm probably one of the least knowledgable people on here and I have found so many great tips and examples. It really helps me. Thanks everyone and keep posting your projects!

Wow, read through this thread. That is a lot of thorough work you are doing. You will have to save a lot of these pictures- when you go to cruises you can bring a nice thick album of the work you did. I really like the rotisserie that you made. Good thing you have a fairly large working area. My two-car garage would not be able to handle this amount of work if I ever needed to do this.

Really looking forward to seeing the final product, but lets not get ahead of ourselves. Rushing is never a good thing. Keep up you great work.

I just want to mention, there are a lot of handy people on this thread. I never came across this type of work on a forum so often. Between this and the big-body mustang thread (and countless others) I am amazed.
I have been taking allot of pics and been saving them. My plan is to put some kind album together for show and tell. All I have is a small 2 car garage and a RV bay for my work space. I wish I had a 3 car or a detached garage in the back yard.

Great sheet metal work in this thread! Car is coming along nicely!
Thanks Steve I have been watching your build as well. Keep the pics coming.

Wow! Amazing work. I can't wait to get to that portion of my 71 coupe. I'm probably one of the least knowledgable people on here and I have found so many great tips and examples. It really helps me. Thanks everyone and keep posting your projects!
Thanks Zach. Post some pics of what your working on.

Now the drivers fender. Both of my drivers fenders I have been repaired in the same spot. So I started with the 72 fender to see how bad it was.. Well it was pretty ugly. To bad because it fit better back at the door and hood area.:dodgy: On to my original drivers fender. After striping the mud off it looked to be in much better shape than the 72 Mach fender and after re installing it i got it to fit the door pretty well.:cool:

fender 2 007.jpg

fender 2 008.jpg

fender 2 009.jpg

fender 2 001.jpg

fender 2 003.jpg

fender.jpg

fender 2 011.jpg

fender 2 014.jpg

fender 2 015.jpg

fender 2 016.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up another piece of the puzzle from csgt428. I got a clutch pedal assembly. I originally was going to go with c6 with a gear vendor behind it. Then I picked up a AOD. Then I sold the AOD in thought it wont hold up to my right foot. So back to the c6 and gear vendor. Then It came to me what I miss the most about my 89 GT is ripping 2nd gear next to someones window well taking off from a light.:cool: So a 5 speed it is!!

clutch pedal.jpg

Back