71 429 Clutch Equalizer Pivot Bracket - Any out there?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SCJ

Reaction score
I pulled my motor and tranny last night for a rebuild and discovered that my Clutch Equalizer Pivot Bracket was cracked with signs of previous brazing. Just wondering if anyone has ever found any NOS or REPOP... I can't find anything for a 429... Drake make one for 351s... But it appears there's nothing out there for a 71 429... any suggestions?

A lot of 429s went in the Mercury Marquis...that community might have something ...you know .. the car that rides like a water-bed and steers like the moon.   :classic_tongue:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the suggestion - after poking around apparently bracket is a unique part to 429 mustangs and cougars :( It's a real drag... I found one guy in NY that fabs them, but his listing is for a whole assembly and wants 800 USD for it. I have reached out to see if he'll sell just the engine side bracket alone, but I'm not holding out too much hope. 

The 429 engine side brackets are hard to find!

I've been trying to locate one to use as a pattern for a while also.

@Hemilkiller: if you do get one to use as a pattern, build an extra and I'll buy it from you...

-Matt 

Back