72 sprint conv up for sale soon - 2F03F184285

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is the real deal. Vin #285. The 50 convertibles were #'s 2F03184256-305. So, here is what I know about the car. I have spoken to the owner several times in the last ten years. It took me that long to just get these pictures. Yes the paint job is hokey and I asked for engine and interior pics. I agree it could be very rusty and if is not sold in a month I am going down that way the 2nd week of August so I will check it out in person. If it was a clone I would have said that up front but reading all the speculation was fun.:rolleyes: The history of the car is it belonged to their son who was in a bad accident 20 years ago and he is mentally disabled. They held onto it this long for sentimental reasons and I doubt it gets driven much at all. Anyway, I've seen MUCH worse and it is one of 50 so it's worth more than a non-sprint but I sold mine for $17K so I can assure you this one is worth less than that.

Those Canadian sprint had an export code and a decal and that is the only difference from a "USA" sprint. Very few were sold up north.

It is the real deal. Vin #285. The 50 convertibles were #'s 2F03184256-305. So, here is what I know about the car. I have spoken to the owner several times in the last ten years. It took me that long to just get these pictures. Yes the paint job is hokey and I asked for engine and interior pics. I agree it could be very rusty and if is not sold in a month I am going down that way the 2nd week of August so I will check it out in person. If it was a clone I would have said that up front but reading all the speculation was fun.:rolleyes: The history of the car is it belonged to their son who was in a bad accident 20 years ago and he is mentally disabled. They held onto it this long for sentimental reasons and I doubt it gets driven much at all. Anyway, I've seen MUCH worse and it is one of 50 so it's worth more than a non-sprint but I sold mine for $17K so I can assure you this one is worth less than that.

Those Canadian sprint had an export code and a decal and that is the only difference from a "USA" sprint. Very few were sold up north.
Very good news. Happy that you have a great history on the car...I hope she checks out for you. Dont let it get away. that car if not hiding bad stories looks to have great potential based on your confirmation. So looks like it may have a happy ending. Good luck. and keep us posted I'm chasing a convertible too...just not a "USA" car (j/k BossRay) :D

Where in Florida is it? If it's not far from the Miami area, I'd be glad to take a look at it for you - and bring my Canon DSLR - to do a full inspection on a weekend.

-Kurt

Last edited by a moderator:
Where in Florida is it? If it's not far from the Miami area, I'd be glad to take a look at it for you - and bring my Canon DSLR - to do a full inspection on a weekend.

-Kurt
The last address I had was Pompano Beach but I'll have to call her to confirm. Their last name is Paragone.

The last address I had was Pompano Beach but I'll have to call her to confirm. Their last name is Paragone.
Rental car distance. My Dodge van won't make it on the highway, and I know the family won't let me risk doing such with it - but it is doable.

If you can comp me for the car rental (Mom's good at getting ridiculous deals), I'd be more than happy to go and take a look at it for you on a weekend with as many detailed pictures of anything and everything. Let me know.

-Kurt

no VA.... reimburse ME.... its only three hours from my house in Florida and I dont have a naggin wife like Kurt. She'll let me use what ever car I want as long as it isnt my 67 convertible. :D:D:D

Besides I can stop and see my kid and our new granddaughter. OH and old women like me..... Kurt...well they would think he's a northerner and kick him off the property.

no VA.... reimburse ME.... its only three hours from my house in Florida and I dont have a naggin wife like Kurt. She'll let me use what ever car I want as long as it isnt my 67 convertible. :D:D:D

Besides I can stop and see my kid and our new granddaughter. OH and old women like me..... Kurt...well they would think he's a northerner and kick him off the property.
Just have one reliable 4-wheeled piece of transportation here (The other three? My torn-apart M-code is the most reliable runner of all - go figure) and it is shared amongst the family. I'm not going to risk the only vehicle that takes me to work and back. I've got one vehicle, and it keeps me going to the one job that keeps this one house alive.

-Kurt

P.S.: I don't curse other people by accusing them of having a wife. Never. I don't care to meet the Devil in death, so why vow myself to the living incarnation?

Just have one reliable 4-wheeled piece of transportation here (The other three? My torn-apart M-code is the most reliable runner of all - go figure) and it is shared amongst the family. I'm not going to risk the only vehicle that takes me to work and back. I've got one vehicle, and it keeps me going to the one job that keeps this one house alive.

-Kurt

P.S.: I don't curse other people by accusing them of having a wife. Never. I don't care to meet the Devil in death, so why vow myself to the living incarnation?
::tease:: okay I'm sorry for saying you had a wife..... it was uncalled for, to condemn you for your years remaining would be ....well asking you to dance with the devil in the pale moon light

....well asking you to dance with the devil in the pale moon light
Not to mention that the same devil will smash the fender of my Mustang in the pale moon light, then blame me for buying a car she can't drive.

-Kurt

rofl but if you buy it ....although not running... once she is passed the anger ..IT'S YOURS!!! for years I MADE SURE my wife drove a nice car. I wanted her to have a nice ride...one she could be proud of as she delivered our daughter to school, swim meets ..the mall where ever and have the satisfaction of knowing it was safe and mechanically sound.

Well let's back up 21 years. her car was a dadgum trash bin. Crap everywhere. I use to think HOW could such a GOOD LOOKING THANG like that trash out a car so bad......

Well she's had Lexus, Mercedes, and an Expedition. TRASHED EVERYONE of them!!! So when she wrecked the Benz.... now she drives a 15 yr old Honda and "I" drive the nice car or truck as it would be. I havent once mentioned her getting a new car since...just kinda let it slide. When she wants to use my truck... "dont throw your trash around in it and DONT SMOKE IN IT!!! :mad:

Well she's had Lexus, Mercedes, and an Expedition. TRASHED EVERYONE of them!!! So when she wrecked the Benz.... now she drives a 15 yr old Honda and "I" drive the nice car or truck as it would be. I havent once mentioned her getting a new car since...just kinda let it slide. When she wants to use my truck... "dont throw your trash around in it and DONT SMOKE IN IT!!! :mad:
I'm not a patient nor forgiving person when it comes to stuff that I:

1. Buy with my hard earned cash,

2. Take care of with the respect I have for what I own,

3. Repair no matter how brutal the repair may be on my health.

Can't drive a car as a car should be driven? I can't comprehend that. Can't drive respectfully? Grounds for divorce.

One other thing: No Japanese stuff in my driveway. Period. Not even for wrecking purposes (and even there, I have a problem with the idea of a sacrificial car for a bad driver).

-Kurt

Hey Guys,

Tell me, do these Sprint verts generally command more money than regular verts do as a rule? Limited production run etc, etc ..............

Kurt,

Do they lay down salt on the roads in places like New York in winter time?

Greg.:)
Greg.....they lay down so much salt in the winter you can hear it chewing on the car!!

Hey Guys,

Tell me, do these Sprint verts generally command more money than regular verts do as a rule? Limited production run etc, etc ..............

Kurt,

Do they lay down salt on the roads in places like New York in winter time?

Greg.....they lay down so much salt in the winter you can hear it chewing on the car!!
Hi Ken,

I hope you're keeping well and enjoying your summer over there.

That salt thing is really bad news for the cars i guess. What a shame. In Australia, we have never gone in for laying down any salt at all anywhere. The only typical rust issues would be for cars located directly next to or on the coastal salt water areas.

All the best,

I'm actually not interested in buying it - I just want too see it in person. I've seen more than a few sprint verts in person and I want to document the condition of this one. My daughter will be going to school down that way so I will see the car if it's not sold by mid August. I'm just not in the market for another one yet and I know where many of the others are - many of them just sitting waiting for someone with a wad of cash to make an offer.

For the record -the ones I have seen at one time in person are in Norway, NJ, five in MD, VA, OH, MN, GA, KS, TN, NE, MI and WA. I have pictures of many of the other ones.

Rex

Rental car distance. My Dodge van won't make it on the highway, and I know the family won't let me risk doing such with it - but it is doable.

If you can comp me for the car rental (Mom's good at getting ridiculous deals), I'd be more than happy to go and take a look at it for you on a weekend with as many detailed pictures of anything and everything. Let me know.

-Kurt

I'm actually not interested in buying it - I just want too see it in person. I've seen more than a few sprint verts in person and I want to document the condition of this one. My daughter will be going to school down that way so I will see the car if it's not sold by mid August. I'm just not in the market for another one yet and I know where many of the others are - many of them just sitting waiting for someone with a wad of cash to make an offer.

For the record -the ones I have seen at one time in person are in Norway, NJ, five in MD, VA, OH, MN, GA, KS, TN, NE, MI and WA. I have pictures of many of the other ones.

Rex

-Kurt
you're chasing it...not interested in buying it and the seller MAY be ready to sell?

val-kilmer-tombstone.jpg

I'm yor huckleberry

And here I am with no money to buy either of you two fools out of it - and I've always hankered for one of the 50 Cherry Blossom Sprints.

That, and I refuse to buy a single one of these cars again unless I can inspect them in person - and that's completely doable here.

Life ain't fair.

:p

-Kurt

WELL.... ya see Kurt I take my lunch to work everyday... i havent stop off at the convenience store for a coke in over 30 years, I havent bought anything from McDonalds in 26 years except 2 cups of coffee, I dont smoke, I drink water instead of buying a refreshment at a convenience store, if I need something I save up the money for that specific item eg: tv... stereo ...furniture what ever it is I wait 3 months before I buy it to make sure it is what I want, never buy the hottest new buy of what ever it is and those policies allow me to buy on instinct what ever I want. I'll look at 100 cars to buy.. make an offer on 3 maybe and willing to WALK on any deal if it isnt in my best interest.

so dont let it get you down.... just ole men and treachery at work :D:D:D

WELL.... ya see Kurt...
I hear you - but I don't buy these cars on income. Whatever I put into these cars has come from flipping smaller stuff - vintage bicycles, yard sale finds, camera lenses; pretty much anything I know of that I can buy cheaper than what it'll sell for on Craigslist or eBay; usually after I repair it. What I make from the 9-to-5 goes to food on the table and the other necessities.

Needless to say, I have no right to the hobbies of rich men (to which I am far too often a part of), but just about all of them have proved to be therapeutic.*

-Kurt

*It would be even more therapeutic if I could get one done so I could use the damn thing for transportation :p

I suppose you could say chase. Having owned two of the fifty and having tracked the whereabouts for fifteen years of the remaining 30 or so that have not junked, it's sort of an obsession just meeting the owners and seeing the cars. The last one I bought was for a price I could not pass up. I don't know what these owners want for this one but they're not going to give it away. Since it's only a few minutes from where my daughter will be living, I'm going to go see the car. Who knows - it could be rusted out underneath and I've seen much much worse. If someone is interested in buying it at least they will know that I looked at it and I can give them my opinion based after I look over the car in and out. Just to put things in perspective, there are a few convertibles a few hours drive from me that I have not seen yet. Why, because after repeated ignored requests for pictures I figure the car is probably a POS. Then again the might be a fabulous barn find waiting to be discovered. If I was chasing all of them I would have spent the gas money but I figure they will call me when they are looking for a buyer and at that time I'll see what they have and tell them what the car is worth and if it''s a nice car at a good price I would always consider making an offer.

[you're chasing it...not interested in buying it and the seller MAY be ready to sell?

val-kilmer-tombstone.jpg

I'm yor huckleberry

What I can't figure out is why at least 3 of the 50 - and that's simply by casual observance of them here on the forum - seem to have planted themselves in Florida.

**EDIT**

Correction - 4 presently in the state, a 5th here recently, and a 6th junked down here:

2F03F184256 - Sprint convertible #1, repainted white/black stripes w/black interior. Registered 1993, no expiration listed.

2F03F184285 - Can't find pictures. Active Florida title but not registered since 2007. Probably the car from this thread.

2F03F184290 - Previously from New Jersey, now on an active title in Florida. Is this the NACA-hood Sprint that went to Mecum?

2F03F184292 - Registered here in 1999, title noted as cancelled. Rex's registry reports Tennessee as last known location.

2F03F184300 - Best known as stock photography for many Mustang publications; wearing a "1 of 50" novelty Florida plate, aftermarket under-dash A/C unit, and A/C compressor belt removed in under-hood photos. Titled here, registration expired in May, 2014.

Sorry to duplicate your work from the Registry, Rex - but was rather curious. Didn't take long to run all the 50 VINs through Florida's DMV; just in case!

Not to mention 2F03F184288, last registered in Florida in 1994 and supposedly junked.

That's 12% of all Mustang Sprint convertibles - 6 out of 50 wound up in Florida. That's not a small number, all things considered.

-Kurt

Back