72 sprint conv up for sale soon - 2F03F184285

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What I can't figure out is why at least 3 of the 50 - and that's simply by casual observance of them here on the forum - seem to have planted themselves in Florida.

**EDIT**

Correction - 4 presently in the state, a 5th here recently, and a 6th junked down here:

2F03F184256 - Sprint convertible #1, repainted white/black stripes w/black interior. Registered 1993, no expiration listed.

2F03F184285 - Can't find pictures. Active Florida title but not registered since 2007. Probably the car from this thread.

2F03F184290 - Previously from New Jersey, now on an active title in Florida. Is this the NACA-hood Sprint that went to Mecum?

2F03F184292 - Registered here in 1999, title noted as cancelled. Rex's registry reports Tennessee as last known location.

2F03F184300 - Best known as stock photography for many Mustang publications; wearing a "1 of 50" novelty Florida plate, aftermarket under-dash A/C unit, and A/C compressor belt removed in under-hood photos. Titled here, registration expired in May, 2014.

Sorry to duplicate your work from the Registry, Rex - but was rather curious. Didn't take long to run all the 50 VINs through Florida's DMV; just in case!

Not to mention 2F03F184288, last registered in Florida in 1994 and supposedly junked.

That's 12% of all Mustang Sprint convertibles - 6 out of 50 wound up in Florida. That's not a small number, all things considered.

-Kurt
The retirees moving to Florida take their old cars with them! :rolleyes:

If I was chasing all of them I would have spent the gas money but I figure they will call me when they are looking for a buyer and at that time I'll see what they have and tell them what the car is worth and if it''s a nice car at a good price I would always consider making an offer.

Wait....wait....NOOOOooooooooo dont tell them what it is worth UNLESS you are pricing it for US!!!! :D

Thanks for owner info and I will check it against my info. I started with a list from Dick Smither from IL from the 1980's and have done my best to keep in touch with owners and track the frequent sales. It took a lot of tiime just keeping up and w/o any access to DMV info it was very hard to track down the missing cars I need to update my records as I an the only one I know of that has tracked these car over the last 15 years. A guy with a clone set up the website but I provided 90% of the content for it. I emailed the webmaster and he has not changed anything in over a year.

Rex

www.1972mustangsprint.com

What I can't figure out is why at least 3 of the 50 - and that's simply by casual observance of them here on the forum - seem to have planted themselves in Florida.

**EDIT**

Correction - 4 presently in the state, a 5th here recently, and a 6th junked down here:

2F03F184256 - Sprint convertible #1, repainted white/black stripes w/black interior. Registered 1993, no expiration listed.

2F03F184285 - Can't find pictures. Active Florida title but not registered since 2007. Probably the car from this thread.

2F03F184290 - Previously from New Jersey, now on an active title in Florida. Is this the NACA-hood Sprint that went to Mecum?

2F03F184292 - Registered here in 1999, title noted as cancelled. Rex's registry reports Tennessee as last known location.

2F03F184300 - Best known as stock photography for many Mustang publications; wearing a "1 of 50" novelty Florida plate, aftermarket under-dash A/C unit, and A/C compressor belt removed in under-hood photos. Titled here, registration expired in May, 2014.

Sorry to duplicate your work from the Registry, Rex - but was rather curious. Didn't take long to run all the 50 VINs through Florida's DMV; just in case!

Not to mention 2F03F184288, last registered in Florida in 1994 and supposedly junked.

That's 12% of all Mustang Sprint convertibles - 6 out of 50 wound up in Florida. That's not a small number, all things considered.

-Kurt

Last edited by a moderator:
See post below - CAR IS FOR SALE in BOCA RATON FL area. Call Joseph @ 631-365-5891.

FLtrip 011.JPGFLtrip 016.JPGFLtrip 018.JPGFLtrip 023.JPGI got a chance to see the car up close. It was dark and raining and the car was outside covered up. I barely fit in the visit with the lady whose husband owns the car. He has cancer and I spoke to her for about 15 minutes and asked her if I could pull the cover off the look at it. She said fine so here are the pictures I took. It's worse than I imagined so I will give her a realistic expectation of how much she can get for it. In their mind it's the same is was 25 years ago but as you can see it needs to be completely restored. What do you all think? For the record I am not interested in the car at any price. Well - maybe a few thousand. :rolleyes:

I'm still interested in the car, but it looks like it will need a lot more work then I originally thought.

if they ask some where in the $3K range, I might conceder getting it.

then I have to think about trailering it back to Rhode Island.

Rex do you know if it runs and drives?

I assume it will start but given the personal situation she is in I did not want to ask too many questions. The house was nice and there were about six nice newer cars in the driveway and probably more in the garage. So, I'm not sure if she will sell it cheap just to move it but I kind of doubt it. I'll explain to her it needs a thorough examination before I can give her an estimate of value. If there is no major rust underneath or in the quarters or fenders, etc. she might get up to $10K. Given that it needs the interior redone, and every visible part underneath and in the engine compartment needs to be redone and while it could get by with just some exterior touch up the hood is pretty rusty and needs to be repaired or replaced. I've seem ones much much worse that people paid a few thousand and I've seen ones in about the same shape for over $10K. Realistically if the car does not have major rust issues I'd peg it as being worth $7K due to the rarity. However, the buyer will have to dump in twice that much or more to get it into driveable and presentable condition. I would not recommend this car to a novice that does not have the money and resources to fix it up correctly.

I'm still interested in the car, but it looks like it will need a lot more work then I originally thought.

if they ask some where in the $3K range, I might consider getting it.

then I have to think about trailering it back to Rhode Island.

Rex do you know if it runs and drives?

Rex, there is the big part (The money) I know how much it could cost even doing all my own labor, just the parts alone.

I should have put more thought into it when you were selling yours :(

what a shame too bad the car is in Florida.... the rust is really lovin on it just like mine did just sitting there its rusting in the air. with 28k on the clock...it looks more like 128517 to me.

I havent pulled the trigger on my vert yet....but at 10... I'd go hunt down a Boss or big block Mach I.

They are ready to sell this 72 sprint convertible in Florida and it can probably be towed away for $6K. Call Joseph Pellegrino @ 631-365-5891 for more info. He is the brother of the lady selling the car.

Rex

If she can answer one question truthfully I'll give the 6 g's. Tell me HOW all that oil got all over the engine and under the carriage. Isn't this the car we discussed months ago with ONLY 28,000 miles? Well at least the ole boy enjoyed it while he could.

:whistling:

what did they do take your evaluation and triple it for negotiation purposes?

The more I look at the pictures, the more I feel I will be over my head to make it the way I want it.
I'm pretty sure it over 128K. The story goes is her son bought the car while they lived in NY in the 80's and the he was in a horrible accident )not in this car) and became an invalid. They held onto the car all these years and neglected it. It clearly need a restoration but from what I saw it is a lot more solid that many of these cars that are total rust buckets. Someone will buy this car since it is one of fifty made but plan on investing 3-4 the purchase price. The alternative is finding a restored one for sale for under $25K - good luck with that. ;)

Thank you for clarifying the miles. What I see in the pic's is a well worn car and enough oil on the engine and underbody to prove it. Heck Helen Keller could see that. I have the funds to buy this and I am wanting a convertible because i think the 71-2 and 3 make REALLY cool convertibles eg: Lux, Thin Lizzy's, 4v and AustinVert's are my favorites, maybe even better looking cars than the sport-roof.

So Va, you inspected the car and gave the values 10,000 and then 6000 to get a quick sale.

Where are the problems and condition? If its the solid car you say...can we see some more pictures. I dont want to drive 1300 miles to discover a rust bucket. After all this is a New York car now sitting in the rust state of Florida

Here are more pictures. 20140628_102630.jpg20140628_103117.jpg20140628_103014.jpg20140628_102647.jpg I have spoken to the owner every few years for the last 12 years or so. I believe the car has been in Florida for over 20 years. Since I only saw it once and for ten minutes - I cannot tell anyone whether it is going to fall apart or is rock solid. My guess is it is worth $6K and I do not stand to make a cent off this -I'm just putting the info out there for someone that wants to go look at the car in person. I bugged teh lady for pictures for over ten years. She took the exterior ones and I took the ones of the interior, engine and underside when I saw the car last August. I'm pretty sure her pictures were recent based upon me seeing the car in person.

Back