Accident

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great to hear you have her back home now, must be a relief

Yes it is tempting with a fresh engine to give it full noise but best to let everything bed in first

Took mine for a quick spin yesterday and like yours it sure lights up the tires easy

My next project will be to make some traction bars!

Enjoy driving it again

jpaz,

Great you have it home and can enjoy it again.

BTW there is really no break in. After the first heat cycle the rings just gradually wear. The cam broke in or didn't break in in the first few minutes.

Race engines we built made a couple pulls then oil change cut the filter open and if no metal wide open from then. I don't think I ever saw any that needed anything but some timing and carb changes.

Now in the old days Ford use to put the engines on an electric motor to turn them over to wear in the tight bearings, lol.

It is either right or it is wrong go for full throttle hope you are use to traction loc if you have it.

Have a blast and enjoy it.

I was always on the side of break it in the way you're going to drive it. David is right, not a lot of break in required on modern engine materials. One qualifier, that's as long as everything, mainly bearings, pistons, and valve stems are properly clearanced, which I'm sure your engine builder did, sounds like he knows which end of the wrench to use.

Thanks for all the kind words guys. I have now had it out for a few drives and it’s running great. No issues with anything. Even took it on the freeway today for the first time, hit 80 very easily and everything sounds and felt good. Here’s a couple of pics with the sun finally shining on it, lol

forum image hosting

Back