Accident

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that the shelby show in June or the MCA show in August right after the dream cruise?
I think it’s the one right after the dream cruise.
 Yes, the one in August was what I was thinking as I didn't know about the Shelby show in June. 

Maybe a trip over the border to the Shelby show might be worth thinking about as well though. What date in June?

Well, they are going to town on my car. Engine is at machine shop and being all checked out. Should find out more tomorrow, didn’t get a chance to talk to them today. 

In the meantime, I’m figuring out my engine build. Picked up some nice 71 quench chamber heads to use, can’t wait! Been reading all the stuff that George Pence has written. Lots of great ideas that I’ll be using, and I sure have learned a lot about the Cleveland. More to come... :)

E2251594-00A4-425E-8BDC-2C88FD4DEB8B.jpegC27E4528-0CBD-44BE-BF3A-C7520AFF64DD.jpeg37047012-D73A-4C38-A6D5-DDFFC5E42B39.jpeg

Well, they are going to town on my car. Engine is at machine shop and being all checked out. Should find out more tomorrow, didn’t get a chance to talk to them today. 

In the meantime, I’m figuring out my engine build. Picked up some nice 71 quench chamber heads to use, can’t wait! Been reading all the stuff that George Pence has written. Lots of great ideas that I’ll be using, and I sure have learned a lot about the Cleveland. More to come... :)
Looking good John. I am glad to see things are moving along. Keep me in the loop on when the Detroit/Windsor area members are going to meet up.

John J

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, things are moving along pretty good. They had to replace the front cross member. It had more damage to it than I thought, of course, so they replaced it with a new one. And as you can see in the picture, the new radiator support is in too. Paul, the shop owner said that it’s all squared up, everything went back together well, and can’t hardly tell anything ever happened. Still have a ways to go, but so far so good.

291CD65A-8F2A-43AC-898F-6C7B2001A070.jpeg

Looking good John. I am glad to see things are moving along. Keep me in the loop on when the Detroit/Windsor area members are going to meet up.

John J
 Yeah me too. Ditto that.

Looking good. Wonder if the GT 500 is a genuine one?

Stanglover

aka, Geoff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya they’re doing a great job!

Yes, that’s a genuine GT 500 and on the other side is a 69 Mach 1 that was pulled out of a barn.

Check out their website for more pics. They have a FB page too. It’s kinda cool, gives you a panoramic view of some of the cars being worked on. The site is Mustang Craftsmen.com

Looking good John!  They need to slow down a bit to make sure it stays there most of the winter?
Yes, and I told him that today too. But he said that he talked to the machine shop today and said he was trying to get my work done soon. I keep adding stuff for them to do, but it’s gotta stop! Lol

I’m thinking it will be at least another 3-4 weeks, probably more,but that’s cause of the holidays too. Hey my birthday is next month, so I’m getting a real nice present! Really looking forward to getting it done and back, but I’m also being patient and not bugging them either. Want it done right, and they are doing great work.

Looks like good progress. I understand the temptation to get everything tackled at one time. Just keep your budget in mind. Looks like a great shop. Hopefully your birthday present will be ready close to your actual birthday. Keep us posted please.

Back