Accident

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So impressive to get it back to that state; so quickly too. 

This reminds me of a quote from the movie, Pulp fiction ...

Vincent: What's more chickenshit than messin with a man's automobile? I mean, don't screw with another man's vehicle !

Lance: Yeah... No trial, no jury, straight to execution.

So impressive to get it back to that state; so quickly too. 

This reminds me of a quote from the movie, Pulp fiction ...

Vincent: What's more chickenshit than messin with a man's automobile? I mean, don't screw with another man's vehicle !

Lance: Yeah... No trial, no jury, straight to execution.
They are doing a great job. Very happy with the quick progress. Im sure they would have been done already if I didn’t have the engine rebuilt.

Looking very good indeed! The shop must be very important for the President to visit. Chuck

Hate to say this but that is probably a better gap and fit than my original Mach 1 has.

I do not know what got everyone worrying about the gaps in the panels. That was not a real big concern back then. That is why they were cheaper also, lol.

I looked and I do not have any pictures showing the gaps. but I know they are not good even the body lines do not line up probably 3/16" off and they are original Ford. The side stripes do not wrap around the edges either. Will get some pics soon will be in the big garage.

They were building cars to drive not show or look at. Cheap, fast and last a few years and get another.

Now a car cost three or four times what a home cost back then. I know that is what I started out in was building.

It does look like they are doing you a great job though. Glad it is coming together. Engine looks great also.

Hate to say this but that is probably a better gap and fit than my original Mach 1 has.

I do not know what got everyone worrying about the gaps in the panels. That was not a real big concern back then. That is why they were cheaper also, lol.

I looked and I do not have any pictures showing the gaps. but I know they are not good even the body lines do not line up probably 3/16" off and they are original Ford. The side stripes do not wrap around the edges either. Will get some pics soon will be in the big garage.

They were building cars to drive not show or look at. Cheap, fast and last a few years and get another.

Now a car cost three or four times what a home cost back then. I know that is what I started out in was building.

It does look like they are doing you a great job though. Glad it is coming together. Engine looks great also.
I sure don’t expect them to get it perfect. My car had been restored before I got it and the rocker panel wasn’t a good fit in that area anyway. I couldn’t afford to have that all redone, because of having to rebuild the motor. Was just hoping to at least get it back to where it was. Looks like they did. Plus my car is a driver, not a show car anyway. Paul, the owner is just trying to make it look as good as he can. I’m really looking forward to seeing it in person. I’m sure I’ll be very happy with everything.

Hey guys, here’s another update. They have made some great progress on everything. Doors and fenders are all back on. The blackout on the bottom is all done too. The hood is painted with the blackout and I’m very pleased with it. I still have to see it in person, but I think it all looks great!

The machine shop is all done with everything and it’s back at the shop where my car is. They started assembly on it today, so it should be all back together by the end of the week.

Here’s a few pics of the progress on the car.
The hood really look sharp. Hope mine comes out as nice as yours. Color is grabber blue; but decal for it will be argent.

Hey guys, here’s another update. They have made some great progress on everything. Doors and fenders are all back on. The blackout on the bottom is all done too. The hood is painted with the blackout and I’m very pleased with it. I still have to see it in person, but I think it all looks great!

The machine shop is all done with everything and it’s back at the shop where my car is. They started assembly on it today, so it should be all back together by the end of the week.

Here’s a few pics of the progress on the car.
The hood really look sharp. Hope mine comes out as nice as yours. Color is grabber blue; but decal for it will be argent.
Thanks. That will be really nice looking, love that color combo too.

My hood is painted actually.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your attitude, efforts and interest in helping other s (all here) with info and involvement should be commended !! I took notice to the "insurance thing" in a prior post as we have all been forced to capitulate to using inferior products per "fine pint" of policies !

For years I kept almost every NOS part for a front end collision with a SVO Mustang -so that the unfortunate (that had accidents) could show insurance companies that Ford parts were available. (Only once did a company accept the amounts and pay for Ford parts for a repair)

Too late now - but those parts needed for your car are avail in NOS Ford (red oxide) and with the NOS front bumper could have gone a long way to getting you covered. (It sounds like you are -so let's hope no one needs these parts or a quote again)

Mark

P.S. AND AGAIN, thankfully you weren't hurt

Your attitude, efforts and interest in helping other s (all here) with info and involvement should be commended !!     I took notice to the "insurance thing" in a prior post as we have all been forced to  capitulate to using  inferior products per "fine pint" of policies !

For years I kept almost every NOS part for a front end collision with a SVO Mustang -so that the unfortunate (that had accidents) could show insurance companies that Ford parts were available.  (Only once did a company accept the amounts and pay for Ford parts for a repair)

Too late now  - but  those parts needed for your car are avail in NOS Ford (red oxide) and with the NOS front bumper could have gone a long way to getting you covered.  (It sounds like you are -so let's hope no one needs these parts or a quote again)  

Mark

P.S.  AND AGAIN, thankfully you weren't hurt
Thanks for the kind words Mark

John if the body shop doesn't find the grill bracket I sent you, let me know I will send you another one for the cost of shipping -

I think you already covered enough of add on's with the door / fender and engine issues.

ALSO since Mark brought up NOS - OEM parts

Just a heads up for everyone here ... look on your daily driver insurance ...

My insurance company made it an optional coverage  ... USE OEM PARTS  VS LKQ = like, kind, quality

it is pretty cheap option depending what you drive ...

It will be a show winner at the All Ford Show in Dearborn on August 18th!!

Maybe I won't want to compete in the "Judged" class now! Looks awesome John. A costly accident, but look at what you have now. Just don't drive where lampposts are lurking!!

Geoff.

Maybe I won't want to compete in the "Judged" class now! Looks awesome John. A costly accident, but look at what you have now. Just don't drive where lampposts are lurking!!

Geoff.
Thanks Geoff, really appreciate the kind words! It would be nice to snag a trophy, but it is still just a driver. No big expectations in that department, just happy still have it. I thought for awhile they would total it. And it came within 1k of it being totaled! 

So ya it sure did turn out to be quite a costly accident, mainly because I had the engine completely rebuilt and I also had them match all the black on the car, including the stripes. But now it’s better than ever and I have a new car again. I couldn’t agree more with you about no more utility poles! Lol

Geoff.
Thanks Geoff, really appreciate the kind words! It would be nice to snag a trophy, but it is still just a driver. No big expectations in that department, just happy still have it. I thought for awhile they would total it. And it came within 1k of it being totaled! 

So ya it sure did turn out to be quite a costly accident, mainly because I had the engine completely rebuilt and I also had them match all the black on the car, including the stripes. But now it’s better than ever and I have a new car again. I couldn’t agree more with you about no more utility poles! Lol
 I'm pretty sure the "Judged Class" is not concours by any means, just the best of rest. Mark will know better. Besides, when you enter judged, you get a goody bag!!

See you there all being well.

Geoff.

Back