Another newbie from MN

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to another Scandanavian from Minn. Is that a factory 429? C or J Code?
UPDATE: MY CAR IS SCHEDULED TO ARRIVE TOMORROW!!!

It is not a factory 429 car but for me that's fine. I intend on driving and fiddling with it for years.

Just heard from the driver..... He is in Des Moines Iowa... only four hours away... I kinda want to drive down there and get it now. More photo's to come.

Greetings and salutations from Biloxi Ms.

Sorry for the delay in getting out an update.

Delivery drivers truck broke down about 50 miles from my house. Got my wife to run me out there to get the car. Well excitement turned to disappointment right away. The car would not start, they had the battery ground wire loose. Why?? The starter solenoid was shorting out??? Burnt my thumb on the ground wire when I connected it?? Can you say fire hazard!! It did not have seat belts, no blinkers, and the headlights go out every time I hit a bump!!!!!

Talk about a white knuckle drive the whole way home at dusk.

There is a myriad of other issues that I will simply tackle one at a time starting with making the car legal to drive. Here is a short list of other issues: Wrong floor shifter, I can get P, R, N, D but not 2 or 1 and it can not be adjusted. needs new exhaust manifold gaskets replaced one so far, power steering pump leaks, it sits lower on the driver side, ordered all the internals for the steering column to get the blinkers to work, installed generic lap belts, fixed the kick down lever so it works, ughhh the list goes on BUT I really like the car. Very solid frame and steel looks great at 20 feet and runs out nice. Not as quick as I thought it would be. I am driving it to work for the first time today and look forward to bit by bit making it mine. I'll get pics soon.

Moral to the story..... GO LOOK AT YOUR CAR BEFORE YOU BUY IT!

Welcome! Well I am glad you got it. Sorry it has a few issues. Yeah, it's hard buying a car sight unseen. I picked up a late model sport trac on ebay. Flew to NM to drive it back to AZ. I met the owner at their credit union, they had to pay off the loan. He walked in and as he approached to shack hands I could smell the smoke! I forgot to ask if it had been smoked in. Whoo Doggy, it sure had. I spent an additional 600 bucks trying to get the smell out.

Anyways. The shifter probably just needs to be lengthend. When I converted from fmx to c6 I had the same issue.

If the car is otherwise solid you can fix most anything else.

I am going to guess by some of the other stuff that needs attention that a little attention to the engine will liven things up for ya. It may take some tinkering...

Sure looks good!

Welcome from West Virginia!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back