be on your guard at car shows.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

72HCODE

"My World is Fire and Blood"
Reaction score
My Car
71 Mach 1.
Had an interesting thing happen at a car show yesterday.

I drove into the show, parked, grabbed a bite to eat, jumped in my car to leave about an hour later pulled out, and had my car stall out. hummm.

restarted and was able to leave the show but the car was not running like normal. i stopped at the first light and i noticed the engine was more lumpy then normal and could feel it in the seat of my pants.

Got her home popped the hood and discovered my vacuum line to the vacuum advance was popped off(instant vacuum leak). That is odd since that line would be hard to pop off and my car was running fine before the show. I suspect somebody may have tampered with it, I'm keeping an eye on things.

I had my hood closed at the show yesterday, so if somebody did tamper with things they would of had to pop my hood to get to it.

in pasted shows I've been to in my area I've had things stolen, at one show a fellow mustang owner had his air cleaner base stolen right from the car and nobody said anything. I've had my mustang tire stem caps stolen, and somebody lifted my club jacket at one event, that has my name embroidered on it, never caught them. again everyone was oblivious to somebody stealing things, people just don't care or pay attention.

its making me more and more leary of going to these shows since there is no security and lets face it its pretty easy to steal things off them and get away with it. even with tons of people walking around unless you have a friend sitting there watching your stuff anybody can walk up claim to be an owner and then grab something and leave.

I now understand why i see a lot of owners or families basically camped out around their cars in lawn chairs just sitting there for hours watching there stuff.

If that is how it has to be count me out of going to these shows makes me mad and angry thinking about it.

i checked over the rest of the engine compartment and everything looked to be in place, i doubt that vac line popped off by itself, after i discovered my new vacuum leak i went for a spin and it was fine no problems.

so be on guard even when your most relaxed, keep your eyes open and help another guy out if you see something not right.

:)

I agree...a lot of people are just horrible these days...stealing, vandalizing and just plain vengeful acts are common anymore.

6 years ago there was a scary show i attended but i did not have my mustang back then.

basically it was an everyone invited car show, new and old. during the show a group of environmentalists showed up and began vandalizing cars and throwing propaganda all over about the evils of the internal combustion engine.

holy cow , cops, fighting, it was mayhem. never had anything like that happened before.

after that i stopped going to the really big shows in my area, i figured the town shows would be safer.

the town shows turned out to be theft magnets. so i started to go just to the ford shows with my club, that was when the air cleaner theft occurred and my valve stems got stolen. after that i kept my hood closed at shows.

then my jacket got stolen and from then on windows up and doors locked.

i started just going to the mustang club's parking lot shows, and then the really local shows.

the first show in the season i went to was at the beach, and there were some trouble makers from a Chevrolet club there i ended up leaving as the whole thing became uncomfortable for everyone because of this group of yo-yos

then an interesting thing happened at a cruise night. My mustang club asked all the members to go to the cruise night about 3 weeks ago since it was 2 towns over from my house i decided to go. the place was packed and i ended up parking a way down from where the club was grouped. i was walking around and overheard a conversation from the mopar guys about our mustang club and how they wanted us out.

blew my mind here you have 2 60 year old guys acting like its the 1980s and they are kings of the surf at the beach and they own the waves. urg i left soon after, not even sure why i went.

then yesterday at another local cruise night my vacuum leak occurs, well i'm pretty much done with these cruise nights.

i just heard from a friend that another cruise night has gotten so popular that the cops can't control it and will be shutting it down for the season early.

i don't know people have just become horrible here in the big city.

6 years ago there was a scary show i attended but i did not have my mustang back then.

basically it was an everyone invited car show, new and old. during the show a group of environmentalists showed up and began vandalizing cars and throwing propaganda all over about the evils of the internal combustion engine.

holy cow , cops, fighting, it was mayhem. never had anything like that happened before.

after that i stopped going to the really big shows in my area, i figured the town shows would be safer.

the town shows turned out to be theft magnets. so i started to go just to the ford shows with my club, that was when the air cleaner theft occurred and my valve stems got stolen. after that i kept my hood closed at shows.

then my jacket got stolen and from then on windows up and doors locked.

i started just going to the mustang club's parking lot shows, and then the really local shows.

the first show in the season i went to was at the beach, and there were some trouble makers from a Chevrolet club there i ended up leaving as the whole thing became uncomfortable for everyone because of this group of yo-yos

then an interesting thing happened at a cruise night. My mustang club asked all the members to go to the cruise night about 3 weeks ago since it was 2 towns over from my house i decided to go. the place was packed and i ended up parking a way down from where the club was grouped. i was walking around and overheard a conversation from the mopar guys about our mustang club and how they wanted us out.

blew my mind here you have 2 60 year old guys acting like its the 1980s and they are kings of the surf at the beach and they own the waves. urg i left soon after, not even sure why i went.

then yesterday at another local cruise night my vacuum leak occurs, well i'm pretty much done with these cruise nights.

i just heard from a friend that another cruise night has gotten so popular that the cops can't control it and will be shutting it down for the season early.

i don't know people have just become horrible here in the big city.

Thats why I took up drag racing, last show I went to I left my car with the top down to go walk the show and eat, the guy next to me said some kids got inside it and were walking on the seats and he had to kick them out. Also saw a guy leave his mint 57 t-bird and a guy with a camera opened his door and started yanking on all the dash knobs to try and open his hood to take a picture.

The owner came back and yelled at him.

I stil go to some shows but I take my folding chair and a cooler with supplies.

Back