Bojo's 73 Project

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
7/19/14

Spent day fine tuning the idle. The people at MSD explained to me how to adjust the IAC (Idle Air Control) and I was able to set it so the motor now idles at my set RPM. This unit works really well now and I am hoping that it road tests equally well too.

On a side note I still have a pesky leak with a pwr steering hose fitting and getting the NSS switch properly adjusted. I'll work on those issues now and the running the wire runs.

Here's the video of the motor running today.

thx

Evening update:

I think that I have all the leaks fixed now. Tomorrow I tidy up the wiring and start putting the front end back together. Want to get it on the ground and try backing it out of the garage.

Last edited by a moderator:
7/26/14

Well that mess of wires are finally run. I wound up doing it a couple of different ways over the last 2 weekends and I finally got it all into one wire run coming across the passenger side shock tower. On the fist pic I have a fuse box where I tied all the electronics into so they have a clean power source. I am using 1 to power the EFI, 1 for the ignition box and 2 to power the cooling fans. The other 2 are for the headlight relays which I hope to wire in tomorrow. The second pic is where I located the 2 relays for the cooling fans. I used the existing bolts that held the emissions charcoal canister to attach each relay. The 3rd pic is just what the engine compartment looks like now and the last what it originally looked like.

Hopefully I'll have more progress tomorrow.

thx

IMG_2595.JPG

IMG_2596.JPG

IMG_2597.JPG

IMG_2598.JPG

7/27/14

Just a quick update for today. I installed the emergency brake cable as I wanted to get the car back on the ground again. All went well until I tried to adjust the drum brakes that are built into the disk rotors. When I adjusted them out they still wouldn't grab, not sure why I can't extended them enough to engage the drum. If anyone has any ideas I'd like to hear them. I am using the Wilwood rear disks and it uses a drum brake for the E-Brake.

Went to finish up the engine bay and found that my air cleaner is too large and hits the distributor. I am going to use a 11" one instead of the 14" one that I have. That should arrive on Tuesday.

Lastly I had to bleed the brakes again because they were really mushy. The last time I changed the proportional valve to disk/disk I forgot to do this. Brakes are nice and firm now.

I think that I will get into a routine of working on the car every evening now or I'll never get it done. Going to hook up the accelerator and the kick down cable and next weekend I should have a short video of me driving it out of the garage. I think that I am also going to mount the new wheels now too. Started the motor a couple of times today and she started right up. It's cold blooded but not too bad. The EFI wants to keep the rpm's up and as it warms it begins to drop to my preset idle again.

thx

Cool. Is there exhaust on it yet?
Not yet Pat.

I have the Pypes SMF-04S kit in the garage but I am debating whether to have them installed or do it myself. I am using these tips from FlowMaster, 2 1/2 in and 3" out slant tip with a rolled edge.

BTW, do you know if the fuel float that you got is accurate? I am thinking mine is really off.

thx

-john

IMG_2610.JPG

8/2/14

Too much stuff came up to get any major work done this week. Got to work on it a little today though and got the throttle linkage and the kick down cable connected. I am using the Lokar cables and they all fit very nicely. If it was street legal I think that I could now actually drive it around the block. Going to go out and tinker with the e-brake now and see if I can get it adjusted.

IMG_0011.JPG

Looking good, John! I hope everything is smooth sailing for you from here on out!!

-Travis!

8/05/14

Did a little work on the car tonight, Got the headlight buckets in and the fender trim in place. Also mounted up the AC components to the radiator core support. Everything for the AC is reversed since the compressor is now mounted on the passenger side of the motor.

Tomorrow I am going to try to mount the headlight relays and wire them up and get the grill on.

IMG_2611.JPG

Mike, I'll make sure you are on the inaugural run.

MechEng, Thx, yeah hopefully things goes smoothly from here.

Just a shot of the relay kit that I got from RCCI for the headlights. No splicing of the wires needed. Includes a 30A CB and all the necessary wiring. Going to wire it into the new fuse panel that I mounted next to the battery and run halogen lights. Hopefully the lights will be working tonight.

08-06-14_1109.jpg

8/6/14

Didn't get as far as I wanted but I did get those relays wired up and the lights installed. I didn't use the circuit breaker but wired it into a slot on the panel in the engine compartment and I have it fused for 30A. Tomorrow the front grill should go on.

IMG_0028.JPG

Back