Bojo's 73 Project

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thx Pat, that's probably doable for me to meet that date.

8/7/14

Tonight I got the front grill on and its beginning to look like my old Mach 1 again. It seems to take me longer to locate the parts than to do the actual installation. So on the agenda tomorrow is to get to that E Brake adjustment and then I can take it off the floor jacks. When its closer to the ground I'll be able to get that front bumper back on.

IMG_0031.JPG

8/7/14

Tonight I got the front grill on and its beginning to look like my old Mach 1 again. It seems to take me longer to locate the parts than to do the actual installation. So on the agenda tomorrow is to get to that E Brake adjustment and then I can take it off the floor jacks. When its closer to the ground I'll be able to get that front bumper back on.
Yup..locating stashed parts sucks!! She going to look like new again.

8/7/14

Yup..locating stashed parts sucks!! She going to look like new again.
Yeah I have parts stashed all over the place so I have duplicates of some things because I couldn't find it so I got another and then I find the one that I previously got :)

8/8/14

Couldn't spend too much time on the car this evening so after looking at the E Brake I am going to wait till tomorrow to try to fix it. Looks like I am going to have to remove the rear caliper and remove the rotor so I can check out why the drum brake portion is not adjusting out properly.

I have set a goal for myself to try to get at least one thing accomplished each day and decided that I would get the hood lock brackets installed. Couldn't decide whether to leave it the metal color and put clear coat over it or paint it black. I decided to paint it and I think I made the right choice. In the picture you can also see where I mounted the relay for the headlight and the two plugs that connects the original wiring to the relay. The grey plug is the original connector to the headlight but now plugs into the relay. The white plug (lower left just barely visible) is from the relay to the headlight. The fuse looking connector is the power from the fuse box (the green blade fuse) that can be seen on the upper left of the picture. Now the power for the lights come directly from the battery and I don't put any load on the switch. High and low beams works perfectly.

IMG_0033.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
8/9/14

Today I worked on the E Brake and finally got them adjusted and working again. Lubricated the U joints and then set her back onto the ground. I then started her up and backed the car out of the garage to the street and then forward some. The car is sitting higher than I thought on the 14" wheels and I am not going to have any clearance issues with the super comp headers. This is the second milestone for my build as this car was last run in 1992. It felt nice driving it again even for such a short distance,

Here is a vid of the car moving under its own power.

Also attaching some shots of it sitting on the driveway and how it looks as of today.

IMG_2613.JPG

IMG_2614.JPG

IMG_2615.JPG

IMG_2616.JPG

IMG_2617.JPG

IMG_2618.JPG

I'm guessing that you have a grin so wide that it hurts! Lookin' and soundin' GREAT!!

-Travis

I'm guessing that you have a grin so wide that it hurts! Lookin' and soundin' GREAT!!

-Travis
Yeah Travis it was great. I was sitting on a tool box so I was kind of high. Can't wait to get the seat in so I can get the real feel.

Love the sound and what a nice looking car. Looks good with the brackets for the relays! :)
protouringstang73

Thx for the comments. I can't wait to get the stripping on.

I'm sure it is going to look really good, can't wait to see it! When do you expect to be finish with the car? :)
Trying to finish up the body work by next week end and then it's on to putting the interior back together. I expect to be done by mid Sept.

About to head out to my storage to grab the new wheels so I'll post pics of it with those on today. I am going from 14 to 15 inch rims.

Sounds great, that will be very soon.. I could imagine that it is so hard to wait to take the first ride in it, when you are so close to be finished with it!

The 15" wheels are a good size of wheels for these big body stangs. Are they going to be wrapped in some big tires, or what is your plan? :)

Sounds great, that will be very soon.. I could imagine that it is so hard to wait to take the first ride in it, when you are so close to be finished with it!

The 15" wheels are a good size of wheels for these big body stangs. Are they going to be wrapped in some big tires, or what is your plan? :)
Just got back from storage, pretty hot outside today. I have 245 60R for the rear and went with 225 60R for the front. I probably should have gone a little larger all around but I wasn't sure what I wanted. I can always get bigger tires in the future. Pics soon with the new tires on.

8/10/14

Had a nice visit with Mike (Hyena429) today and he got to look at the build and we talked shop for a couple of hours.

Before he got there I was able to get the tires on and they make a dramatic change to the look of the car. Plans are to keep plugging on the body until I get everything back on and Mike is going to come over next weekend to help me get the hood back on. A couple of more shots from today,

IMG_2619.JPG

IMG_2620.JPG

IMG_2621.JPG

WOW! That looks great, John!

Looks cool with the traction bars, nice wheels and tires. Just noticed the 4 wheel disc brakes, sweet setup there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys for the comments. I am liking the way its coming out.

8/16/14

Well I pulled a muscle in my back last weekend and couldn't work on the car during the week. I went out and did some more of the body work today. I put on the rear valence with the exhaust cutouts which required me to remove the bumper again. Some of the holes did not line up too well so I had to drill a couple of new pilot holes. Also was able to get the front bumper, valance and the chin spoiler on. Really liking the new look of the car now. Can hardly wait to see how the hood looks with everything when we put it back on this coming weekend.

Tomorrow I am going to start getting the interior ready for the headliner and then getting the front and rear windows on.

IMG_2622.JPG

IMG_2623.JPG

IMG_2624.JPG

8/17/14

Just a quick update for today. Tried to organize all the interior parts to get them ready to install, still can't find some of the pieces. In the meantime I got all of the headliner tacking strip pieces re-installed again and I am ready to install the headliner now. I had lizard skinned the roof already but a also got some additional sound padding that I am going to install to try to quiet the interior some more.. I will attach pictures when I have the new headliner installed.

Also noticed that the temp gage stopped working so I am going to have to look into this issue now. I don't think that the sensor goes bad but that may be the case but I did use Teflon tape when I installed it and it may be causing the problem. Hopefully its an easy fix. More to come later this week.

Back