Coronavirus.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is where social media will help us. Go do a video of you doing something on your car. Fix all those little things you have been putting off. 

Think how it was for your grand parents. They did not have to go to town and get a donuts and coffee every day. They went to town when they needing something that they could not raise at home. They bought 20 lbs. of flour not one lb. They did not go to the gym they worked. They did not go to a movie there were none. They did not go out to eat there was nowhere to go. Just go back in time and work your ass off at home like your grand parents did. 

I got my seed for garden and some live plants for broccoli, cauliflower, and Brussel sprouts today. Got all my seeds and will be in garden tomorrow. I can raise more food than 6 families could use easily. If it comes to it I will put by the road for free. This is something we have control over we just have to take control. Do not go anywhere just stay home and you should write down a journal as this will be one of those once in a hundred years events.

When I first posted a warning lots made fun but it is real and here for all to solve. STAY HOME and keep away from others.

We have to keep the mustangs going.

Cheers,
Plant a garden!  Excellent idea as spring is / should be breaking out all over about now.  

In jest:  If anyone knows where I can get bumper seeds or convertible top seeds, let me know.  :cool:

Our gardening season in the So Cal desert is a little different and for us, at this point, it's too late to plant the veggies that need a long growing season and can't tolerate extended heat.  That said, I and neighbors are exchanging what we do grow (plum tomatoes from me, asparagus from next door, etc) and nearly everyone has a ton of citrus at this time of year, and it's placed in a "Free" box at the end of our driveways.

And thanks, C_M_M for being amongst the early voices.
I always wondered what they meant by"bumper crop" .......
Anyone know where to get seeds for a money tree?

Plant a garden!  Excellent idea as spring is / should be breaking out all over about now.  

In jest:  If anyone knows where I can get bumper seeds or convertible top seeds, let me know.  :cool:

Our gardening season in the So Cal desert is a little different and for us, at this point, it's too late to plant the veggies that need a long growing season and can't tolerate extended heat.  That said, I and neighbors are exchanging what we do grow (plum tomatoes from me, asparagus from next door, etc) and nearly everyone has a ton of citrus at this time of year, and it's placed in a "Free" box at the end of our driveways.

I always wondered what they meant by"bumper crop" .......
Anyone know where to get seeds for a money tree?
Out here in Idaho we have a pay loan place called money tree. I'll check and see if they have fresh seeds there :huh:

I don't need a whole tree, just some cuttings..

Well hopefully this drug works as good as it has in the limited testing. At least it exists and is not something brand new that takes months to test and get our head up your ass government moving.

I did place an order and my Dr. hopefully gets the script in. Was cheap. I was ordering when president was saying it was good to go, lol.

I did get some garden planted so I am started. Putting seeds in flats today also so they get a jump start. 

I love working in the dirt always have. My grandfather had a self sufficient farm we might all one day wish we had one. This bought with a virus will not be the last we know that. 

Don't go crazy and make being a sky is falling person but have a plan a be prepared. 

My arms are aching from the tiller.

Just like working on these Mustangs you can do anything you have the desire to do.

Hope this is the beginning to the end of this virus. Then there will be next year.

Cheers

Other ideas to plant: toilet paper, hand sanitizer, alcohol or just a whole Mustang  lollerz lollerz

Im getting ready to make drinkable hand sanitizer!! rofl

Sure you are...!

Other ideas to plant: toilet paper, hand sanitizer, alcohol or just a whole Mustang  lollerz lollerz

Sure you are...!
Your bucket with the condenser coil is how I use to take the water out of my air when I painted cars. Had a small bleed valve in the bottom that allowed the water to come out and ice and water in the bucket.

When our company use to make stainless steel containers from the old syrup containers for coke to thousands of gallons. I wanted to build home stills and the owner did not see a market. 

Living here in the mountains of NC I am in the middle of hundreds of micro brews, wineries and of course always a little moonshine. What has always amazed me is that they sell it for double what an aged liquor costs which is a huge cost to put in barrel and let is sit for years. 

So will we see you on TV on the new moonshine competition show to get your own brand label?

Sure you are...!
Your bucket with the condenser coil is how I use to take the water out of my air when I painted cars. Had a small bleed valve in the bottom that allowed the water to come out and ice and water in the bucket.

When our company use to make stainless steel containers from the old syrup containers for coke to thousands of gallons. I wanted to build home stills and the owner did not see a market. 

Living here in the mountains of NC I am in the middle of hundreds of micro brews, wineries and of course always a little moonshine. What has always amazed me is that they sell it for double what an aged liquor costs which is a huge cost to put in barrel and let is sit for years. 

So will we see you on TV on the new moonshine competition show to get your own brand label?
Wont see me on that show, although i do enjoy watching it.  Just make enough for friends and family. Its a fun little hobby. Saw on the news several distilleries stopped making liquor and have switched to hand sanitizer. It has to be around 130-150 proof, then mix 2/3 alcohol with 1/3 aloe .

Just read the following. I think this will help people better understand what exactly the coronavirus is and why it's so dangerous.

"It has to do with RNA sequencing.... I.e. genetics.

Seasonal flu is an “all human virus”. The DNA/RNA chains that make up the virus are recognized by the human immune system. This means that your body has some immunity to it before it comes around each year... you get immunity two ways...through exposure to a virus, or by getting a flu shot.

Novel viruses, come from animals.... the WHO tracks novel viruses in animals, (sometimes for years watching for mutations). Usually these viruses only transfer from animal to animal (pigs in the case of H1N1) (birds in the case of the Spanish flu). But once, one of these animal viruses mutates, and starts to transfer from animals to humans... then it’s a problem, Why? Because we have no natural or acquired immunity.. the RNA sequencing of the genes inside the virus isn’t human, and the human immune system doesn’t recognize it so, we can’t fight it off.

Now.... sometimes, the mutation only allows transfer from animal to human, for years it’s only transmission is from an infected animal to a human before it finally mutates so that it can now transfer human to human... once that happens we have a new contagion phase. And depending on the fashion of this new mutation, that's what decides how contagious, or how deadly it’s gonna be..

H1N1 was deadly....but it did not mutate in a way that was as deadly as the Spanish flu. It’s RNA was slower to mutate and it attacked its host differently, too.

Fast forward.

Now, here comes this Coronavirus... it existed in animals only, for nobody knows how long...but one day, at an animal market, in Wuhan China, in December 2019, it mutated and made the jump from animal to people. At first, only animals could give it to a person... But here is the scary part.... in just TWO WEEKS it mutated again and gained the ability to jump from human to human. Scientists call this quick ability, “slippery”

This Coronavirus, not being in any form a “human” virus (whereas we would all have some natural or acquired immunity). Took off like a rocket. And this was because, Humans have no known immunity...doctors have no known medicines for it.

And it just so happens that this particular mutated animal virus, changed itself in such a way the way that it causes great damage to human lungs..

That’s why Coronavirus is different from seasonal flu, or H1N1 or any other type of influenza.... this one is slippery AF. And it’s a lung eater...And, it’s already mutated AGAIN, so that we now have two strains to deal with, strain s, and strain L....which makes it twice as hard to develop a vaccine.

We really have no tools in our shed, with this. History has shown that fast and immediate closings of public places has helped in the past pandemics. Philadelphia and Baltimore were reluctant to close events in 1918 and they were the hardest hit in the US during the Spanish Flu.

Factoid: Henry VIII stayed in his room and allowed no one near him, till the Black Plague passed...(honestly...I understand him so much better now). Just like us, he had no tools in his shed, except social isolation...

And let me end by saying....right now it’s hitting older folks harder... but this genome is so slippery...if it mutates again (and it will). Who is to say, what it will do next."

I think the above will help people better understand what we are dealing with.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great info.

I have read about how the flu mutates each year in China also due to close proximity of people to lots of animals. Since I lived there going into town to the animal market was like a zoo. Every super market had live animals also, fish, snakes, turtles, eels. The animal markets have everything you can think of from pets up. When I was taking pics some vendors did not want pics made of some of their animals which I was told by Chinese friend that they were selling illegal animals. 

Here is some pics in the animal market in Wuxi China.

I understand ducks and pigs are the keys to the flu virus mutating each year as it goes from human back to the animals over and over. You do not have millions of Americans going to a market filled with lots of animals with little sanitation. This will not change but China might make the clean up some after this outbreak. 

Just read the following.  I think this will help people better understand what exactly the coronavirus is and why it's so dangerous.

"It has to do with RNA sequencing....  I.e. genetics.

Seasonal flu is an “all human virus”.  The DNA/RNA chains that make up the virus are recognized by the human immune system.  This means that your body has some immunity to it before it comes around each year...  you get immunity two ways...through exposure to a virus, or by getting a flu shot. 

Novel viruses, come from animals....  the WHO tracks novel viruses in animals, (sometimes for years watching for mutations). Usually these viruses only transfer from animal to animal (pigs in the case of H1N1) (birds in the case of the Spanish flu).  But once, one of these animal viruses mutates, and starts to transfer from animals to humans... then it’s a problem,  Why? Because we have no natural or acquired immunity.. the RNA sequencing of the genes inside the virus isn’t human, and the human immune system doesn’t recognize it so, we can’t fight it off.

Now.... sometimes, the mutation only allows transfer from animal to human, for years it’s only transmission is  from an infected animal to a human before  it finally mutates so that it can now transfer human to human... once that happens we have a new contagion phase.  And depending on the fashion of this new mutation, that's what decides how contagious, or how deadly it’s gonna be..

H1N1 was deadly....but it did not mutate in a way that was as deadly as the Spanish flu.    It’s RNA was slower to mutate and it attacked its host differently, too. 

Fast forward.

Now, here comes this Coronavirus... it existed in animals only, for nobody knows how long...but one day, at an animal market, in Wuhan China, in December 2019, it mutated and made the jump from animal to people.  At first, only animals could give it to a person... But here is the scary part.... in just TWO WEEKS it mutated again and gained the ability to jump from human to human.  Scientists call this quick ability, “slippery”

This Coronavirus, not being in any form a “human” virus (whereas we would all have some natural or acquired immunity). Took off like a rocket.  And this was because, Humans have no known immunity...doctors have no known medicines for it.

And it just so happens that this particular mutated animal virus, changed itself in such a way the way that it causes great damage to human lungs..

That’s why Coronavirus is different from seasonal flu, or H1N1 or any other type of influenza....  this one is slippery AF.  And it’s a lung eater...And, it’s already mutated AGAIN, so that we now have two strains to deal with, strain s, and strain L....which makes it twice as hard to develop a vaccine.

We really have no tools in our shed, with this.  History has shown that fast and immediate closings of public places has helped in the past pandemics.  Philadelphia and Baltimore were reluctant to close events in 1918 and they were the hardest hit in the US during the Spanish Flu.

Factoid:  Henry VIII stayed in his room and allowed no one near him, till the Black Plague passed...(honestly...I understand him so much better now). Just like us, he had no tools in his shed, except social isolation...

And let me end by saying....right now it’s hitting older folks harder... but this genome is so slippery...if it mutates again (and it will). Who is to say, what it will do next." 

I think the above will help people better understand what we are dealing with.
Sounds really reasonable! Thanks for sharing.

Here's the link to the source including a personal comment from the original author: https://wsau.com/blogs/tom-kings-blog/54/its-not-just-the-flu-part-2/

Cheers Frank

I hate to ask what the scissor are for

As of Midnight Monday Ohio will be on a stay at home order until April 6 th

Food, medical, work... although most businesses have been forced to close too, some other exemptions

Really temped to borrow my son's 2016 Mustang GT for a freeway food run

I am on the outer edge of town... two lanes goes to 5 right down the street, heard a  few launches and fly by's today   ::thumb::

Food, medical, work... although most businesses have been forced to close too, some other exemptions

I am on the outer edge of town... two lanes goes to 5 right down the street, heard a  few launches and fly by's today   ::thumb::
I say go for it and make one last run while you can.  Everybody needs to get out and stretch some.  Even if it is only in their yard.  Just make sure you keep distance between anyone you meet.  Don't need to tell you the other precautions you need to take . Just remember that with your age and health issues you are easy pickings for the virus.

You need to go get your meds in the other side of town, dont you?
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Yes I do ... which is actually true

Also allowed to grocery store and to get take out food

I've been on self-imposed quarantine for 2 weeks now. A doctor friend of mine who is an anesthesiologist just died yesterday because of COVID-19. His wife is in the ICU and is already intubated. Hope she survives this dreadful disease. They have one child, who has autism and before his death he sent text messages to his closest family and friends, asking them to watch over his son, in case he loses the fight.

They said a mask and gloves was enough to go to the grocery store

They lied, everybody else had clothes on............

They said a mask and gloves was enough to go to the grocery store

They lied, everybody else had clothes on............
Ha Ha....... I bet you looked out of place :)

I just have to say this to someone other than my wife, and please, don't get me wrong here. I live in the San Fernando Valley, a suburb of Los Angeles, and I was born here. In the last 20 years, this place has become horrible compared to what a beautiful place it was in the 60s-70s, and before. This Valley was THE place to live, we had everything going for us. With all of the people moving here in recent years, there is 10 times the people here, and on the road, as before.

Now, with such a large number of people staying home, the roads, the city, everything is uncluttered. If you need to drive anywhere, it's like going back to my High School days....so nice. Now, what is going on today, with people staying home IS important...…….but, oh my, it's soooo damn nice not fighting traffic, and I'm enjoying it, for what it's worth.

Back