Curious '71

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll admit I kiiind of skimmed this thread so if you've checked the fender apron already please forgive me. BUT, if you haven't, I was able to get at it from inside the wheel well with a flashlight and inspection mirror. First I wiped away 40 years of dirt with a quick rag+ lacquer thinner. Somehow managed to grow a third arm and take a picture too. I found this technique on some other thread here. Still need to get a marti report. Might look into it today actually.

I have a '71 conv 351 by the way.

IMG_4148.JPG

Please go to "introductions" and introduce yourself properly with detail of your ride, and pictures, we love pictures.
Welcome from SW Ontario, Canada.
Yes of course. Very soon I will send more pics. I'm from Spain and I bought a 1971 mustang mach 1 from Texas in this moment I.m waiting the container is coming.
Sorry for my bad English I will try with the Google translator.
Getting and we are in contact
Thank you.20220413_021907.png

Yes of course. Very soon I will send more pics. I'm from Spain and I bought a 1971 mustang mach 1 from Texas in this moment I.m waiting the container is coming.
Sorry for my bad English I will try with the Google translator.
Getting and we are in contact
Thank you.View attachment 65991
No need to apologies for language problems. We all speak "Mustang" here.
Looking forward to more details when you finally get your car.
Geoff.

My '71 Mustang was the first car I ever owned... my Dad bought it for me when I was 15 so I could learn about working on cars and restore it. One of the 1st things I did was decode the VIN to see whether the car I had was a genuine Mach 1 or anything. The VIN is 1F02F117862. Now an F code car indicates that it would have had a 302 installed from the factory. However, my car was completely STOCK when we bought it and had the following spec:

1. 351CJ engine, decoded and verified as D1ZE '71 unit.
  2. Factory air conditioning
  3. Staggered rear shocks
  4. Front and rear sway bars
  5. Heated rear window defroster
  6. Tilt steering column
  7. Tach/speed and auxiliary gauge cluster with oil, water, amps

Is it possible that the dealer may have done an engine swap when it was purchased new? The car has the competition suspension which is supposedly only for 351 V8s and larger. I just don't understand how an F code 302 car could have been ordered with all these options.
I would for sure get access to the VIN under both the left and right right front fenders as mentioned by others. No need to purchase a Marti report until you know all the VIN‘s match.

Latest posts

Back