Custom Tail Lights

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
CB,

Obsidian has been working his butt off trying to get these things ready to go, and has temporarily suspended his operations (life got in the way, as it usually does). When he gets back into 'production mode,' I'm sure he'll happy to take an order.

Until then - Thanks for joining the site! ::thumb:: When you get a chance, jump into the "Introductions" forum, and post-up a thread about yourself and your big pony so we can properly welcome you to the best Mustang site around. Remember, we like pictures! :D

Please see Eric's reply, sir. Obsidian has a much more pressing issue to take care of right now than these lenses.

-Kurt

Please see Eric's reply, sir. Obsidian has a much more pressing issue to take care of right now than these lenses

-Kurt
ok thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry guys! I will be back on these hopefully soon! Went through a ton of personal stuff the last few months and priorities changed big time. Things are beginning to settle down a bit and I still fully intend on making these reality! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So excited for the tail lights! Even more happy to hear things are getting better for you though Mike. Good to see you back here brother. Take it easy man.

Glad to hear things are looking up, Mike! ::thumb::

Hang in there, and get back to 'em when ya can. :cool:

That's good to hear that things are settling down a bit for you Mike. I'm still working on the LEDs for them, a friend of mine works for a circuit board company so hopefully he can help me out with a design and or making an order of them.

That's good to hear that things are settling down a bit for you Mike. I'm still working on the LEDs for them, a friend of mine works for a circuit board company so hopefully he can help me out with a design and or making an order of them.
I was thinking maybe you could contact someone like oracle lighting and have them make custom ccfl rings in the shape of the outer red portion of obsidian's tail lights to be running lights. Just a thought...

I was thinking maybe you could contact someone like oracle lighting and have them make custom ccfl rings in the shape of the outer red portion of obsidian's tail lights to be running lights. Just a thought...
That's an idea. I was just planning on doing it with LEDs because I have a bunch of red LEDs already but I can check out other options as well.

So I'm getting things back in some form of order in my crazy life now and plan to get these done once and for all! I've started looking into outsourcing the manufacturing portion of these to save some time and have the ability to have a fast turn around.

Here's my question to all of you: I know there has been a lot of interest in these since day one and there have been quite a few hurdles in getting them done. In order for it to be feasible to have them manufactured as opposed to me molding them one at a time in my garage I need to do some math to see if I would be able to at the very least recoup the cost of the initial tooling a factory would have to make to mold these, so...lets get a list going. I know there is a few of you who are still owed a pair that have been paid for and have been super patient waiting for! beyond that, I'd like to see how many more would purchase a pair? Also, my initial price on the sets that are accounted for and not delivered yet was $250.00. If I were to outsource them, that price would probably creep up slightly to about $275-$300/pair. (obviously orders paid for and not filled yet would get taken care of with no additional cost) I need to know if there is still interest in these at that cost? So let me know your thoughts on all of this and lets make this happen!!!

Thanks!

Welcome back!

P.S.: I've referenced your taillights on Reddit. Hopefully it'll get you a few more sales to support going into production with these.

NPD supplier FTW ;)

-Kurt

Last edited by a moderator:
So I'm getting things back in some form of order in my crazy life now and plan to get these done once and for all! I've started looking into outsourcing the manufacturing portion of these to save some time and have the ability to have a fast turn around.

Here's my question to all of you: I know there has been a lot of interest in these since day one and there have been quite a few hurdles in getting them done. In order for it to be feasible to have them manufactured as opposed to me molding them one at a time in my garage I need to do some math to see if I would be able to at the very least recoup the cost of the initial tooling a factory would have to make to mold these, so...lets get a list going. I know there is a few of you who are still owed a pair that have been paid for and have been super patient waiting for! beyond that, I'd like to see how many more would purchase a pair? Also, my initial price on the sets that are accounted for and not delivered yet was $250.00. If I were to outsource them, that price would probably creep up slightly to about $275-$300/pair. (obviously orders paid for and not filled yet would get taken care of with no additional cost) I need to know if there is still interest in these at that cost? So let me know your thoughts on all of this and lets make this happen!!!

Thanks!
Obsidian I just read and viewed all of your posts. You are quite talented. I like others feel the 71-73 tail lights needed some help. I love how you did it and would love to but a set for my 73 convertible. Have yet to restore it but have been gathering plenty of parts. One question and or suggestion. Could red dye be added to the clear resin instead of painting the plastic red? I think they look great but thought it would save the step of painting the red. A option to leave all red or individuals could paint any color they want to contrast their car. Put me on the list for a pair of those lights. Awesome job. Your mustang looks great. Rick

Thanks!
Obsidian I just read and viewed all of your posts. You are quite talented. I like others feel the 71-73 tail lights needed some help. I love how you did it and would love to but a set for my 73 convertible. Have yet to restore it but have been gathering plenty of parts. One question and or suggestion. Could red dye be added to the clear resin instead of painting the plastic red? I think they look great but thought it would save the step of painting the red. A option to leave all red or individuals could paint any color they want to contrast their car. Put me on the list for a pair of those lights. Awesome job. Your mustang looks great. Rick
As a matter of fact, one of the manufacturers I'm working on quotes with I have them set to be dyed red, I then will either go ahead and paint the black, or leave it up to any DIYers out there who may want to paint them to match their own cars. The only big change there would be that the middle sections would be red rather than clear, which I think might actually work out better for most if you didn't want to get involved with LED boards and such and just wanted to use your stock bulbs. I plan to have the shapes needed to mask off the centers and surrounds made in vinyl, this will make my life a whole lot easier masking and I would include a set of the masks for anyone who would want to paint them on their own.

Your taillights are heading the hot posts on Reddit's "musclecar" feed. Here's hoping you get some fellows pooling in to make these a mass-manufactured reality.

http://www.reddit.com/r/musclecar/

-Kurt
Sweet! The more the merrier! Let's finally get this going! I'm going to get some more details from a manufacturer tomorrow and see where we go from there. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back