Custom Tail Lights

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got home from work and the FedEx fairy was here with the rest of my mold rubber :D that means tonight I'll be making the second half of the mold finally!

Got the back side of the mold all set. Gonna mix up the rubber a bit later after the kids are in bed :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365030636.326215.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeez, this is what Christmas eve felt like when I was younger. The day is gonna drag on until that thing is done.

Jeez, this is what Christmas eve felt like when I was younger. The day is gonna drag on until that thing is done.
lol!!! I'm planning on finally de-molding it later tonight. I'll post some pics when I do :)

...and by the way, if you think you're in suspense, try walking past it every time you go through the garage knowing you can't touch it yet!

you're giving me some good ideas now. With clear plastic, I can even paint them body color to blend into the taillight panel beautifully, except for the 3 clear lenses which I can use colored globes instead. It'll give me even more possibilities to play with led strips.... Hhhmmm.

I just made my first attempt at a real lens. I'm keeping my expectations low because it would be too good to be true if I got a perfect one on the first try. I'll know in about an hr or so...

Like I said...lower your expectations and you won't be disappointed. I think the main thing that went wrong, it looks like the mold wasn't completely filled before it started to cure. I was afraid of that happening because the stuff starts to kick pretty fast. Tomorrows another day.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365141908.271618.jpg

Like I said...lower your expectations and you won't be disappointed. I think the main thing that went wrong, it looks like the mold wasn't completely filled before it started to cure. I was afraid of that happening because the stuff starts to kick pretty fast. Tomorrows another day.
At least we can see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back