Front and rear glass trim

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

libram

Reaction score
My Car
72 Mach 1
We all know there are only 2 options for trim on the front and rear glass. Oe trim off another car (or yours) that you're gonna put a lot of time and work into if you want it nice and pretty and the "dynacorn" trim made by corvex. We all also know that the corvex trim is soft and some choose to glue it in rather than use the clips. Here is another alternative that we found to this yesterday. If you look at the underside of the trim there are some sections with a little cutout, if your car is like mine they aren't going to match the clips correctly. With a little bit of cutting and some filing you can extend these to match your clip locations, even make them a little more shallow, once you have all of them modified you can carefully work the trim down into the clip using a molding installation tool without bending or denting it.

The "dynacorn" trim made by corvex are to soft and bent very easy, if you destroy one from your set than you need to buy a complete new set.   :atomic:

Having the right clips makes a big difference. The replacement I had gotten lately look the same till you take a closer look at the hook . It just too round too grip the trim right. Its best to use the oem's, but with a dermal you can make the new ones work.

Having the right clips makes a big difference. The replacement I had gotten lately look the same till you take a closer look at the hook . It just too round too grip the trim right. Its best to use the oem's, but with a dermal you can make the new ones  work.
Agreed,  there is a heavier clip that was used for models with the stainless trim versus our cars with the Aluminum trim.  The clips appear the same, but they are twice as thick as the ones used on 71-73, and thus way to stiff for even the original trim.

kcmash

Latest posts

Back