Holley Sniper EFI HyperSpark Distributor Kit

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mach 1
Anyone have experience with this kit? I'm still putting the pieces together for my 408 that was just built. I'm 90% sure I'm going with Holleys EFI sniper master kit. I still need a distributor and ignition system regardless if I go EFI or not. Was figuring the more like stuff I used the better but was wondering if anyone had feedback on this or will I be the first here...

This is the Chevy kit but just to give an idea

https://www.jegs.com/i/Holley/510/550-511DK/10002/-1

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that the Holley ignition parts are required if you want to use the Holley ECU to control timing.

Is timing control available on the Sniper or do you have to step up to the Teeminator?

I have no personal experience with either option but was planning on using a Terminator on my car if I ever make it that far...

-Matt

I just did a super sniper with hyperspark. I had a cd box and different coil but it’s the same oil/play.

Pretty darn easy install IMO.

The supersniper will control the timing curve right out of the box.

You just tell it maximum timing and it automatically sets the lowest.

There are a BUNCH of good set up videos on YouTube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just did a super sniper with hyperspark. I had a cd box and different coil but it’s the same oil/play.

Pretty darn easy install IMO.

The supersniper will control the timing curve right out of the box.

You just tell it maximum timing and it automatically sets the lowest.

There are a BUNCH of good set up videos on YouTube.

Cool. Which coil did you use? You used Holleys dual sync distributor? Did you use the intake kit and if so did you just cut out your existing one or did you find a tank with the cutout ready to go? Sorry for all the questions. Thanks 

Anyone have experience with this kit? I'm still putting the pieces together for my 408 that was just built. I'm 90% sure I'm going with Holleys EFI sniper master kit. I still need a distributor and ignition system regardless if I go EFI or not. Was figuring the more like stuff I used the better but was wondering if anyone had feedback on this or will I be the first here...

This is the Chevy kit but just to give an idea

https://www.jegs.com/i/Holley/510/550-511DK/10002/-1
Have a friend who stroked his 351C to 408. He went with...

Holley sniper EFI - part# 550-510 

Holley sniper dual sync distributor - part# 565-210

Holley EFI adapter harness - part# 558-493

He is very happy with it. As I understand the Holley sniper dual sync distributor comes with crank and cam sensors to support sequential Holley EFI setup. It's all self-tuning.

I put in a new fuel cell, new Holley external fuel pump, so my application is a bit different.

I went with the hyperspark, not the dual sync.

Pretty sure there is a difference.

The hyperspark is specifically designed to pair with the sniper.

Back