Hood paint

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manyo

Reaction score
My Car
71 Mach 1
Hello !!!

I am looking to repaint the flat black on my Mach1 hood. Last time i used a PPG lacquer based paint. Not thrilled with it. Can anyone suggest a nice flat black that's not to difficult to apply especially in warm weather??

Thank you very much in advance!!!

I used Hot Rod Black with excellent results. It's been 10 years now and still looks good. There is (or was) a clear coat for Hot Rod Black. I didn't use it as my painter thought it might create a high edge, but I kinda wish I had put it on.
I'm sure you've read the many posts on the dimensions and positioning of the blackout to get it right. Do a search if not.

I believe my hood was done in Hot Rod Black. I like it. There's some Armor-All on it here, it's slightly more matte usually but not "flat" in Lustre.

Attachments

• Father's Day Show 2024.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
I believe my hood was done in Hot Rod Black. I like it. There's some Armor-All on it here, it's slightly more matte usually but not "flat" in Lustre.
I use Mothers Quick Detailer and found it cleans without altering the sheen, which is low luster. I suspect McGuires detailer would be the same.
A good ceramic product will also work. I tried it on the bottom black with good results. (I forget which product I bought)

Back