Houston, TX Recommendations

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

da55

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Fastback 351 V8
Anybody have a recommendation on where in Houston, TX to get a complete electrical work done? Im looking to get new harness done, bumper to bumper.

Thanks!

I had mine done in 2019. Be prepared to empty your wallet and be prepared for a long wait. Mine took 4 months! I was running by at least once a week to check progress as they told me that it would take 3 days. Any reason at all not to work on my stang they ran with. I could have done it myself but was impatient. I repaired much of the wiring issues but when I repaired the turn signals, it created a dead short and smoked the wiring under the dash. I am an electrician licensed by the Stat of Texas and know what I am doing but with 50 years of DIY mods to the wiring, who knows what was actually there. Anyway, if you can remove the dash and have rudimentary wiring skills, you can do it yourself. The only reason I didn't do it myself was my own impatience. It would have taken me at least 3 weekends to do but they said 3 days..........

I had mine done in 2019. Be prepared to empty your wallet and be prepared for a long wait. Mine took 4 months! I was running by at least once a week to check progress as they told me that it would take 3 days. Any reason at all not to work on my stang they ran with. I could have done it myself but was impatient. I repaired much of the wiring issues but when I repaired the turn signals, it created a dead short and smoked the wiring under the dash. I am an electrician licensed by the Stat of Texas and know what I am doing but with 50 years of DIY mods to the wiring, who knows what was actually there. Anyway, if you can remove the dash and have rudimentary wiring skills, you can do it yourself. The only reason I didn't do it myself was my own impatience. It would have taken me at least 3 weekends to do but they said 3 days..........
You talking about ClassicMustangs of Houston?

Anybody have a recommendation on where in Houston, TX to get a complete electrical work done? Im looking to get new harness done, bumper to bumper.

Thanks!
go to your local USPS and mail your harnesses to Randy at Midlife harness restoration in Tucson. I sent him mine and got them back in several weeks, not months. Call him first & he will walk you through it.

go to your local USPS and mail your harnesses to Randy at Midlife harness restoration in Tucson. I sent him mine and got them back in several weeks, not months. Call him first & he will walk you through it.
First time ive heard of this. Got any info on this? How to?

Back