Is it worth saving

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What about looking for a donnor shell? Dont really know if there are good cougars over there still but do some math...

I'm against in parting out a good coded car... You'll regret later for sure man!!

Lets focus on proposals, plans and típs to do the resto guys!!

If you decide to save it.

In addition to the new parts

I have the frame rails and shock towers

Doors

cut off 1/4's

More

Don

I agree with RacerX , get some sheetmetal from Don and do one panel at a time.

Is all the Q-code stuff there ?? , Intake , Carb , aircleaner ??

Q-code's rule !! ( green cars also !! LOL ) , go for it !!

I still say save it. It's definitely a longer term project, but look what you'll have when it's done!...a 72 Q-code in lime green!

Let me know if you don't want it...I'll take it on as a project.

ya..seems to take the soul out of them when there gutted for there serial number and motor...not many q code shells left or sportsroofs..even coupes are bringing a bit of cash now.....im with don and racerx on this one....save that q code lime green machine!! talk about a cool color too...i would love to put one next too my red mach..lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I still say save it. It's definitely a longer term project, but look what you'll have when it's done!...a 72 Q-code in lime green!

Don, remember your next project is a convertible! ;)

Don, remember your next project is a convertible! ;)
I'm willing to sell one or more of my current 71-73s to upgrade to a more difficult but rarer project...plus I like the lime green color...I have a lime green convertible already.

I'm really digging the saddle bronze, that would look awesome in a vert!

Well I found this 72 Q code in rough shape needs everything rails are junk cowl is gone,pans junk rear rails rough.It was a complete car the guy ripped it apart and found out how bad it was,the only good thing is a numbers matching motor originally a lime green color car automatic
If you have the time and the money!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in the process of taking 2 73 Q-codes and making 1 to on the road. The other I intend to build at my leisure. At 52, I don't care how long it takes even if the next generation takes over. They are very worth doing. IMHO

I had no idea the 72 Q CJ 4 speed was that rare, glad I saved this one. Make no mistake, even with a good parts car this is an expensive, time consuming project.

Back